DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Repairing wall cracks (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/174706-repairing-wall-cracks.html)

None September 3rd 06 11:08 PM

Repairing wall cracks

I have narrow cracks, about 1 mm wide, in an exterior rendered wall.
What is the best method for repair? Exterior polyfiller, clear
silicone, other?

Bachgennewydd

Weatherlawyer September 4th 06 03:41 AM

Repairing wall cracks

None wrote:

I have narrow cracks, about 1 mm wide, in an exterior rendered wall.
What is the best method for repair? Exterior polyfiller, clear
silicone, other?

Grout: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grout

Got a picture bachgen bach?

Stuart Noble September 4th 06 12:42 PM

Repairing wall cracks

Weatherlawyer wrote:
None wrote:

I have narrow cracks, about 1 mm wide, in an exterior rendered wall.
What is the best method for repair? Exterior polyfiller, clear
silicone, other?

Grout: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grout

Got a picture bachgen bach?

Grout as we know it i.e. tiling grout has no flexibility. Silicone is
rubbery, collects dirt, and is difficult to get into small cracks.
Exterior filler looks to me like just a pva modified cement. I'd use
interior filler for 1mm cracks that will be overpainted.