parish

Default Lighting Direct: A good company to do business with.

Just thought I share my experience of buying on-line from Lighting
Direct, http://www.lighting-direct.co.uk/

I ordered some LV downlighters, transformers, and lamps at about 8pm
Tuesday night. There was a minor glitch when I tried to pay by Switch
and their system insisted on an Issue Number for the card but my new
Switch card doesn't have one (the old one did). I ended up using my Visa
card instead but e-mailed their Sales dept. pointing out the problem.

I got an automated acknowledgement almost immediately and just after 9am
the following morning got a detailed personal response (by e-mail), and
also a response to the Switch issue saying that they would change the
site to accept Switch cards without an Issue Number.

I realized that I'd ordered the wrong lamps so replied to the order
confirmation asking if the could change it. Ten minutes later I got a
phone call from them to say that the order had been amended (but had
been done manually as it was already on the system so the original lamps
would still show on the "order despatched" e-mail) and asking me if I'd
like to change the payment method to Switch over the phone (I didn't
bother).

The order arrived, well packed, the following day and, apart from one
lamp being DOA, was correct (i.e. the correct lamps) and complete.

I'm impressed with them and will be using them again in the future.

Regards,

Parish