DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   painting asbestos (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/174176-painting-asbestos.html)

geoffr August 29th 06 06:01 PM

painting asbestos

I am considering painting some white asbestos boards which are on the
exterior of the house. I've looked at some of the previous replies
about this and whilst masonery paint is recommended I would rather
paint with a solvent based white gloss.

Therefore, is this suitable and if so does the asbestos need to be
primed.

I'm fully aware of the risks/precautions.

[email protected] August 29th 06 07:22 PM

painting asbestos

geoffr wrote:
I am considering painting some white asbestos boards which are on the
exterior of the house. I've looked at some of the previous replies
about this and whilst masonery paint is recommended I would rather
paint with a solvent based white gloss.

Therefore, is this suitable and if so does the asbestos need to be
primed.

I'm fully aware of the risks/precautions.

asbestos is fibre reinforced cement, so can be treated like cement
products. Gloss & undercoat is fine on cement.

NT