DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   mono block driveway (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/173790-mono-block-driveway.html)

Mark August 26th 06 12:09 AM

mono block driveway

Hi how many blocks or pallets of blocks would I need to buy to do my
driveway in monoblocks. The size is approx 23 square metres. And what would
be a reasonable price for them?

Thanks Mark

The Medway Handyman August 26th 06 12:42 AM

mono block driveway

Mark wrote:
Hi how many blocks or pallets of blocks would I need to buy to do my
driveway in monoblocks. The size is approx 23 square metres. And what
would be a reasonable price for them?

Check out http://www.pavingexpert.com/ best site on the web for this sort of
info.

Prices? Make a few calls.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

salesguy August 26th 06 08:26 AM

mono block driveway

"Mark" wrote in message
k...
Hi how many blocks or pallets of blocks would I need to buy to do my
driveway in monoblocks. The size is approx 23 square metres. And what
would be a reasonable price for them?

Thanks Mark

If the blocks are std 200x100 there are 50 per m2 = 1150 blocks. As to
pallets, that depends on the manufacturer.

I would add 5% for wastage (cuts etc) unless your drive is an odd shape,
when would go higher.

Pricing - call some merchants, and haggle.

SalesGuy

Guy King August 26th 06 10:07 AM

mono block driveway

The message
from "Mark" contains these words:

Hi how many blocks or pallets of blocks would I need to buy to do my
driveway in monoblocks. The size is approx 23 square metres. And what would
be a reasonable price for them?

That'd depend on the size of each block, of course.

--
Skipweasel

John Rumm August 26th 06 03:33 PM

mono block driveway

Mark wrote:

Hi how many blocks or pallets of blocks would I need to buy to do my
driveway in monoblocks. The size is approx 23 square metres. And what would
be a reasonable price for them?

For "standard" 200x100mm blocks you will need 50 per sq m. Marshals
provide them in packs of 476 blocks (nine and a bit square meters). At
that quantity you ought to be able to get those for about £90 a pack
including VAT (which is what I paid Jewson for them a few weeks back!).
They were also happy to supply part packs.

There is an Excel spreadsheet you can get from the pavingexpert site
that does a more complete estimate:

http://www.pavingexpert.com/costings/blokpave.xls

--
Cheers,

John.

The Medway Handyman August 26th 06 04:27 PM

mono block driveway

John Rumm wrote:
Mark wrote:

Hi how many blocks or pallets of blocks would I need to buy to do my
driveway in monoblocks. The size is approx 23 square metres. And
what would be a reasonable price for them?

For "standard" 200x100mm blocks you will need 50 per sq m. Marshals
provide them in packs of 476 blocks (nine and a bit square meters). At
that quantity you ought to be able to get those for about £90 a pack
including VAT (which is what I paid Jewson for them a few weeks
back!). They were also happy to supply part packs.

So much for Jewsons being expensive. Wickes want £101.02 for 488.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

John Rumm August 27th 06 02:35 AM

mono block driveway

The Medway Handyman wrote:

that quantity you ought to be able to get those for about ï½£90 a pack
including VAT (which is what I paid Jewson for them a few weeks
back!). They were also happy to supply part packs.

So much for Jewsons being expensive. Wickes want ï½£101.02 for 488.

Needless to say that was not their listed price! (although it was
probably only comparable with wickes). The wickes blocks are not
Marshals either and did not have such an attractive colour.

--
Cheers,

John.