DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   ACL Lifestyle lp241 (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/173702-acl-lifestyle-lp241.html)

[email protected] August 25th 06 10:53 AM

ACL Lifestyle lp241

Hi
We have an ACL Lifestyle LP241 controller. The other day our power went
down and was easily reset on the circuit breaker in the garage. Howver,
the heating controller appears dead. When power is switched on to it,
the boiler fires up and there appears to be a light in the controller
but the LCD display is dead as a dodo.

Is this controller dead? If so can it be repaired economically and if
not, what alternative would folk recommend (or just replace like with
like)?

It seems that this is going to cost at least £50 and I am reluctant to
throw money if the fault is not in the controller.

Thanks in advance

Phil

raden August 28th 06 03:27 AM

ACL Lifestyle lp241

In message . com,
writes
Hi
We have an ACL Lifestyle LP241 controller. The other day our power went
down and was easily reset on the circuit breaker in the garage. Howver,
the heating controller appears dead. When power is switched on to it,
the boiler fires up and there appears to be a light in the controller
but the LCD display is dead as a dodo.

Is this controller dead? If so can it be repaired economically and if
not, what alternative would folk recommend (or just replace like with
like)?

It seems that this is going to cost at least £50 and I am reluctant to
throw money if the fault is not in the controller.

Either the battery needs replacing or the 241 is past it's sell by date

--
geoff