DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Release agent for concrete formwork (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/173487-release-agent-concrete-formwork.html)

Anode August 23rd 06 11:57 AM

Release agent for concrete formwork

I am using wooden formwork in the making-good of a concrete slab, that had a
hole made in it to access service pipes.

I would like a release agent on the formwork, which has an area of about a
quarter of a square metre.

Can anyone recommend from experience something commonly available,
non-hazardous, to use as a release agent for this small area? I wondered if
petroleum jelly might be suitable in this application.

Regards.

Mr X August 23rd 06 12:28 PM

Release agent for concrete formwork

In article , Anode
writes
Can anyone recommend from experience something commonly available,
non-hazardous, to use as a release agent for this small area? I wondered if
petroleum jelly might be suitable in this application.

Vegetable cooking oil
--
Mr X

[email protected] August 23rd 06 03:48 PM

Anode wrote:
I am using wooden formwork in the making-good of a concrete slab, that had a
hole made in it to access service pipes.

I would like a release agent on the formwork, which has an area of about a
quarter of a square metre.

Can anyone recommend from experience something commonly available,
non-hazardous, to use as a release agent for this small area? I wondered if
petroleum jelly might be suitable in this application.

Regards.

polythene sheet is one of the best.

NT

Mr Alun Davies August 23rd 06 05:06 PM

"Anode" wrote in message
I am using wooden formwork in the making-good of a concrete slab, that had
a hole made in it to access service pipes.

I would like a release agent on the formwork, which has an area of about a
quarter of a square metre.

Can anyone recommend from experience something commonly available,
non-hazardous, to use as a release agent for this small area? I wondered
if petroleum jelly might be suitable in this application.

Paint the inside of the formwork with diesel.

Anode August 23rd 06 11:21 PM

"Anode" wrote in message
I am using wooden formwork in the making-good of a concrete slab, that had
a hole made in it to access service pipes.

I would like a release agent on the formwork, which has an area of about a
quarter of a square metre.

Can anyone recommend from experience something commonly available,
non-hazardous, to use as a release agent for this small area? I wondered
if petroleum jelly might be suitable in this application.

Regards.

Thank you for those suggestions. I can see that using polythene sheet will
close any gaps in the formwork where two pieces of wood meet, but I shall
bear in mind the other suggestions also when I do the job as soon as the
weather is suitable.

Anode.