DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/173018-blocked-toilet-andrex-wet-wipes-culprit-how-unblock.html)

[email protected] August 19th 06 05:07 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

Dave Fawthrop August 19th 06 05:22 PM

On 19 Aug 2006 09:07:42 -0700, wrote:

|I rent.
|
|I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
|yesterday and it's not a pretty site
|
|ugh
|
|So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?
|
|For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he
|
|(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

|http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

B&Q sell plumbers plungers, as do Wickes all plumbers merchants etc.

Keep it stashed away, you will need it again

Graham August 19th 06 05:29 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

x-posted to uk.scat ???

Stuart Noble August 19th 06 05:34 PM

wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

Get your hand down there and round the u bend

Andrew Gabriel August 19th 06 05:42 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

In article ,
Dave Fawthrop writes:
B&Q sell plumbers plungers, as do Wickes all plumbers merchants etc.

You might want to pick up some goggles too, whilst you're there...

--
Andrew Gabriel

[email protected] August 19th 06 05:43 PM

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 19 Aug 2006 09:07:42 -0700, wrote:

|I rent.
|
|I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
|yesterday and it's not a pretty site
|
|ugh
|
|So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?
|
|For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he
|
|(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

|http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

B&Q sell plumbers plungers, as do Wickes all plumbers merchants etc.

Keep it stashed away, you will need it again
will allow them: to see only *new* posts, a killfile, and other goodies

Just a bog-standard plunger? (no pun intended)

Does it have to be a certain size/type?

R D S August 19th 06 06:01 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

wrote in message
ups.com...
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

An estate agents would be the best bet.
Get the **** out of there.

[email protected] August 19th 06 08:29 PM

Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 19 Aug 2006 09:07:42 -0700, wrote:

|I rent.
|
|I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
|yesterday and it's not a pretty site
|
|ugh
|
|So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?
|
|For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he
|
|(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

|http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

B&Q sell plumbers plungers, as do Wickes all plumbers merchants etc.

Keep it stashed away, you will need it again

update - after a couple of hours, the water level has (slowly) dropped
down, but the block is still there

I have bought a bottle of Mr Muscle 'sink & plughole unblocker'

It is super-corrosive, and says 'do not use in toilets'.

Should I do that anyway, or is that a really bad idea?

I mean.. if it's corrosive... it'll 'burn' through cotton wool/andrex
wet wipes (whatever is blocking it easily.... right?

John August 19th 06 08:34 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

Get your hand down there and round the u bend

Why do people assume the blockage is just around the bend - it could be
yards away.

Bob Eager August 19th 06 09:26 PM

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:58:58 UTC, wrote:

Why do people assume the blockage is just around the bend - it could be
yards away.

Usually the tightest constriction.

That explains constipation...

EricP August 19th 06 10:07 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

On 19 Aug 2006 09:07:42 -0700, wrote:

I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

If you have any net or other curtains held up by a wire with the hooks
on the end steal that and use it as an unblocker.

if you do it quietly, wash after use and return to the curtain, no one
wll ever know.

These wires are a most useful tool in the home for unblocking or
threading.

Bob Eager August 19th 06 10:09 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 20:45:55 UTC, Owain
wrote:

I know they're horrible and disgusting but I think you'll just have to
get your hand round the bend and remove the wet wipes. Why did you put
them down the toilet anyway?

When I've unblocked drains, I've used two layers of heavy duty rubbish
bag (two bags, one inside the other) fixed to my upper arm with elastic
bands...

As for the poo, it's only what came out of your botty.

I think 'fell' might be a more accurate term...!

Andy Hall August 19th 06 10:09 PM

On 2006-08-19 21:45:55 +0100, Owain said:

wrote:
I rent.
I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

I know they're horrible and disgusting but I think you'll just have to
get your hand round the bend and remove the wet wipes. Why did you put
them down the toilet anyway?

As for the poo, it's only what came out of your botty.

Owain

However, watch out for the faecal-oral route or it's back to square one
with the Liqui****s (TM).

It could have been worse. He might have had a S*n*fl*

Andy Hall August 19th 06 10:12 PM

On 2006-08-19 22:07:29 +0100, EricP said:

On 19 Aug 2006 09:07:42 -0700, wrote:

I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

If you have any net or other curtains held up by a wire with the hooks
on the end steal that and use it as an unblocker.

if you do it quietly, wash after use and return to the curtain, no one
wll ever know.

Apart from Mrs Jones at No. 43 who will certainly notice any subtle
movements of the net curtains.

Colin Wilson August 19th 06 10:24 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

Get your hand down there and round the u bend
Why do people assume the blockage is just around the bend - it could be
yards away.

Perhaps, but it`ll teach the OP the folly of using indestructable ass-
wipes ! :-}

Dave Liquorice August 19th 06 10:25 PM

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:34:15 GMT, John wrote:

Get your hand down there and round the u bend

Why do people assume the blockage is just around the bend - it could be
yards away.

'cause in most cases that is where the blockage is...

I find that a 3/4 of a bucket of water poured moderately quickly (5s for
the the pour) from 2 to 3' above the pan and aimed at the hole rather
than the sides will shift most things.

Obviously with the pan that full already this might not be wise, so a
plunge is required first either with your hand or even a standard bog
brush shufted up and down a few times might get things loosened enough
for the water level to drop.

Why are people so squeamish about their body products? Bung on a pair of
Marigolds and get stuck in...

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail

The Medway Handyman August 19th 06 10:38 PM

wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

You can buy a toilet unblocking device from most DIY sheds. A bit like a
spring about 10mm in diameter. Look at Drain Augers here

http://www.monument-tools.com/D+Ctab...20Drain%20Rods

Costs less than a £10.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Guy King August 19th 06 10:43 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

The message
from Andy Hall contains these words:

if you do it quietly, wash after use and return to the curtain, no one
wll ever know.

Apart from Mrs Jones at No. 43 who will certainly notice any subtle
movements of the net curtains.

He did say you should wash the motions off.

--
Skipweasel

Dave August 19th 06 10:55 PM

wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

Get your hands on a wooden handle mop with a large head and a mop bucket.
Note, do not use the tiny domestic mop heads.
When the water level is low, use the mop as a plunger a few times.
Flush and try again if the toilet does not empty.
Repeat ad infinitum.
I have used this method at the local primary school with 100 percent
success.

Good luck

Dave

[email protected] August 20th 06 12:37 AM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

wrote:
Dave Fawthrop wrote:
On 19 Aug 2006 09:07:42 -0700,
wrote:

|I rent.

|So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?
|
|For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

no thankyou!

update - after a couple of hours, the water level has (slowly) dropped
down, but the block is still there

I have bought a bottle of Mr Muscle 'sink & plughole unblocker'

It is super-corrosive, and says 'do not use in toilets'.

Should I do that anyway, or is that a really bad idea?

I mean.. if it's corrosive... it'll 'burn' through cotton wool/andrex
wet wipes (whatever is blocking it easily.... right?

if it says not for bogs its not for bogs.

wouldnt conc H2SO4 from plumbers merchant do it?

NT

Sheila August 20th 06 12:51 AM

"EricP" wrote in message
If you have any net or other curtains held up by a wire with the hooks
on the end steal that and use it as an unblocker.

if you do it quietly, wash after use and return to the curtain, no one
wll ever know.

These wires are a most useful tool in the home for unblocking or
threading.

do you not find the wire coathanger a far more suitable peice of kit? I
would have thought the curtain wire was a bit wobbley and unstable... I see
the drains in the MrP household have been tested a few times then.... Since
my big son left home, we no longer suffer from this problem...

Phil Anthropist August 20th 06 06:38 AM

wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

You can make a disposable toilet plunger by cutting the bottom off a plastic
3 litre soft drinks bottle. The ultimate in DIY.

Dave Fawthrop August 20th 06 07:52 AM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 22:25:46 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

|On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 19:34:15 GMT, John wrote:
|
| Get your hand down there and round the u bend
|
| Why do people assume the blockage is just around the bend - it could be
| yards away.

|'cause in most cases that is where the blockage is...

|I find that a 3/4 of a bucket of water poured moderately quickly (5s for
|the the pour) from 2 to 3' above the pan and aimed at the hole rather
|than the sides will shift most things.
|
|Obviously with the pan that full already this might not be wise, so a
|plunge is required first either with your hand or even a standard bog
|brush shufted up and down a few times might get things loosened enough
|for the water level to drop.

Better a plumbers plunger which will partially seal round the edge and
create an overpressure in the bog and IME usually clears a blockage.

Dave Fawthrop August 20th 06 07:56 AM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006 21:45:55 +0100, Owain

| I rent.
| I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
| yesterday and it's not a pretty site
|
|I know they're horrible and disgusting but I think you'll just have to
|get your hand round the bend and remove the wet wipes. Why did you put
|them down the toilet anyway?
|
|As for the poo, it's only what came out of your botty.

This is a cultural thing, poo/faeces consists mainly of dead bacteria and
quite a few live ones. Some of these are dangerous, and on some occasions
lethal. So cultures throughout the world consider it to be disgusting, so
to be avoided where possible.

Alan August 20th 06 08:54 AM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

In message . com,
wrote
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

The preferred method used by the cleaners at work is to use a mop as a
plunger with a dustbin bag tied around the head (to keep it clean).

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

badwolf August 20th 06 10:05 AM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

its not a sink plunger you want ,but a drain rod with a 4 inch plunger
on the end of it,B&Q, WICKS all sell them.
good luck

Ian Cornish August 20th 06 10:57 AM

wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

Of course, whilst the OP was sitting on the toilet, he could have read
the packet of the wipes, which clearly (at least on the packet I have,
it does) that you should not flush down the toilet, but dispose of in
the bin.

House behind me (though their drain runs(sic) through my land) flushed a
load of wipes down their toilet. There were not pleased when I returned
them, along with the bill for my time and damage to my property.

Best DIY/Cheap solution appears to be to get your arm in a bin bag, then
remove the wipes from the toilet, including around the bend, and use
flexible netting wire stuff to poke even further.

[email protected] August 20th 06 11:04 AM

wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

UPDATE - the water level (slowly) went down to NORMAL levels.

Man, I'm gonnga have to pay dynorod to come out...

Guy King August 20th 06 11:07 AM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

The message
from "Phil Anthropist" contains these words:

You can make a disposable toilet plunger by cutting the bottom off a
plastic
3 litre soft drinks bottle. The ultimate in DIY.

Trouble is he's already "done it himself" and it's dealing with the
doings that's causing the trouble.

--
Skipweasel

Dave Fawthrop August 20th 06 11:10 AM

On 20 Aug 2006 03:04:14 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
| I rent.
|
| I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
| yesterday and it's not a pretty site
|
| ugh
|
| So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?
|
| For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he
|
| (WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

| http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg
|

|UPDATE - the water level (slowly) went down to NORMAL levels.
|
|Man, I'm gonnga have to pay dynorod to come out...

Not dynorod they charge the earth.

[email protected] August 20th 06 11:11 AM

wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he

(WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg

UPDATE - the water level (slowly) went down to NORMAL levels.

Man, I'm gonnga have to pay dynorod to come out...

OH MY GOD - 60 ****ING QUID IS THE LOWEST QUOTE I COULD FIND - and
that's TO COME OUT DURING WORKING HOURS

FORGET MEDECINE, DENTISTRY ETC. I'M GOING TO BE A PLUMBER... THEY MUST
BE *MINTED*

Jeez...

Dave Fawthrop August 20th 06 11:13 AM

On 20 Aug 2006 03:11:38 -0700, wrote:

wrote:
| I rent.
|
| I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
| yesterday and it's not a pretty site
|
| ugh
|
| So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?
|
| For a totally DISGUSTING picture of the problem, click he
|
| (WARNING: PICTURE OF DISGUSTING TOILET. DO NOT VIEW!)

http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00424.jpg

| http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...n/DSC00425.jpg
|

|UPDATE - the water level (slowly) went down to NORMAL levels.
|
|Man, I'm gonnga have to pay dynorod to come out...
|

|OH MY GOD - 60 ****ING QUID IS THE LOWEST QUOTE I COULD FIND - and
|that's TO COME OUT DURING WORKING HOURS
|
|FORGET MEDECINE, DENTISTRY ETC. I'M GOING TO BE A PLUMBER... THEY MUST
|BE *MINTED*

Just because you would not buy a plumbers plunger at about GBP5 and Do It
Yourself.

Helen Deborah Vecht August 20th 06 11:13 AM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

Ian Cornish typed

Of course, whilst the OP was sitting on the toilet, he could have read
the packet of the wipes, which clearly (at least on the packet I have,
it does) that you should not flush down the toilet, but dispose of in
the bin.

OP specifies Andrex. My packet of Andrex Moistened states they are
'flushable'.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

[email protected] August 20th 06 11:29 AM

Ian Cornish wrote:
wrote:

I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

So do I pay a huge call out fee & get it unblocked?

Best DIY/Cheap solution appears to be to get your arm in a bin bag, then
remove the wipes from the toilet, including around the bend, and use
flexible netting wire stuff to poke even further.

I'd feel a lot safer using a rubble bag meself!

NT

Andy Hall August 20th 06 11:33 AM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

On 2006-08-20 11:10:45 +0100, Dave Fawthrop
said:

On 20 Aug 2006 03:04:14 -0700, wrote:

|UPDATE - the water level (slowly) went down to NORMAL levels.
|
|Man, I'm gonnga have to pay dynorod to come out...

Not dynorod they charge the earth.

That depends on the degree of one's desperation and embarrassment. :-)

Dan delaMare-Lyon August 20th 06 11:36 AM

wrote in message
ups.com...
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

OK - this is what gets me - the "sanitary" product mfrs all come up with the
latest greatest wet this, lotion that, soothing the other papery products
for use on yer arse - and all they seem to do is block the sodding bog and
drains behind it. It wouldn't suprise me if Andrex wasn't actually a
division of Dyno Rod these days ;-)

IME this stuff all causes blockages - even on a nice shiny new crapper.
This is the reason one sticks to normal loo paper - that and the fact that a
gentle shove with yer arm in a binbag normally clears any blockages!!

Cheers
Dan.

The Medway Handyman August 20th 06 11:52 AM

Dan delaMare-Lyon wrote:

IME this stuff all causes blockages - even on a nice shiny new
crapper. This is the reason one sticks to normal loo paper - that and
the fact that a gentle shove with yer arm in a binbag normally clears
any blockages!!

My mate works for Monument Tools and knows a thing or two about drains. He
quotes a figure of 90% of domestic blockages down to paper based products.
String tailed white mice being the worst culprit.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Dave Fawthrop August 20th 06 12:16 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 10:36:15 GMT, "Dan delaMare-Lyon"
wrote:

|IME this stuff all causes blockages - even on a nice shiny new crapper.
|This is the reason one sticks to normal loo paper - that and the fact that a
|gentle shove with yer arm in a binbag normally clears any blockages!!

There is a spec somewhere which ensures that Bog paper is not *too* strong
and thus block up the loo. The strongest we can find is Lidl Luxury, which
has not blocked our loo, and even flushes away with the low flow button on
our new bog cistern.

Helen Deborah Vecht August 20th 06 12:26 PM

blocked toilet! Andrex wet wipes - the culprit! How to unblock?

Ian Cornish typed

Of course, whilst the OP was sitting on the toilet, he could have read
the packet of the wipes, which clearly (at least on the packet I have,
it does) that you should not flush down the toilet, but dispose of in
the bin.

Had another look at the Andex Moistened packet; not only do they state
the product is 'flushable' but there is no longer any caveat about
macerator toilets, which I think I saw previously.

I'm beginning to think the manufacturers ought to be liable for their
product blocking toilets when used as suggested, and for subsequent
expense.

--
Helen D. Vecht:
Edgware.

[email protected] August 20th 06 12:31 PM

The Medway Handyman wrote:
wrote:
I rent.

I'd be to embarrased to get my landlord to fix it. I had the runs
yesterday and it's not a pretty site

ugh

You can buy a toilet unblocking device from most DIY sheds. A bit like a
spring about 10mm in diameter. Look at Drain Augers here

http://www.monument-tools.com/D+Ctab...20Drain%20Rods

Costs less than a £10.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk
01634 717930
07850 597257

Can I get one from B&Q or homebase?

I've looked on the homebase website and can't find it.

If it costs £10 and I really can do it by myself, I will.. better than
paying £60!