Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Compact fluorescent lamps.

Are these available now in globes the same size as standard
incandescent bulbs? Though I rather like the trasitional cf shape they
aren't suitable for wall and reading lights where the shade clips over
the bulb.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 16 Aug 2006 14:19:46 -0700, "dcbwhaley" wrote:

Are these available now in globes the same size as standard
incandescent bulbs? Though I rather like the trasitional cf shape they
aren't suitable for wall and reading lights where the shade clips over
the bulb.

Yup:

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/4301042.htm

John Lewis also have them, in other wattages and a screw base.

They're slightly longer than a normal bulb, the colour rendering is
pretty good IMHO.

12w is about the same as a 60W bulb.

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article . com,
"dcbwhaley" writes:
Are these available now in globes the same size as standard
incandescent bulbs? Though I rather like the trasitional cf shape they
aren't suitable for wall and reading lights where the shade clips over
the bulb.

Yes, but the higher powered ones are bigger than similar light
output filament lamps. Some shade clips would likely still
work though.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

dcbwhaley wrote:
Are these available now in globes the same size as standard
incandescent bulbs? Though I rather like the trasitional cf shape they
aren't suitable for wall and reading lights where the shade clips over
the bulb.

If youre willing to accept a fat neck* and lower light output, yes.

NT

* CFLs have that effect on people

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 18 Aug 2006 07:33:32 +0100, Andy Hall

On 2006-08-17 23:39:26 +0100, said:

* CFLs have that effect on people

Is this because of the puking when they are switched on?

Only with people who have centrally heated garages

cheers,
Pete.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2006-08-17 23:39:26 +0100, said:

* CFLs have that effect on people

Is this because of the puking when they are switched on?

Only with people who have centrally heated garages

cheers,
Pete.

Yer just jealous....