DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   What Timber Size for Deck? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/172057-what-timber-size-deck.html)

Davy August 10th 06 05:06 PM

What Timber Size for Deck?

I am making a small 3.4m x 1.8 m deck. What would be the recommended timber
sizes for the girders that attach to the soil posts and also the joists
which lay on the girders? The deck would support a maximum of 6 people and
a wooden arbour.

thanks

Davy

Jim August 10th 06 05:27 PM

What Timber Size for Deck?

"Davy" wrote in message
I am making a small 3.4m x 1.8 m deck. What would be the recommended
timber
sizes for the girders that attach to the soil posts and also the joists
which lay on the girders? The deck would support a maximum of 6 people
and
a wooden arbour.

thanks

Davy

I recenlty put a deck in and as this rested on pads pretty much at ground
level I used 4" x 2" s

If the deck is going to be 'suspended' then 6" x 4" would be the recommended
norm.

HTH

Jim

Jim August 10th 06 08:43 PM

What Timber Size for Deck?

I recenlty put a deck in and as this rested on pads pretty much at ground
level I used 4" x 2" s

If the deck is going to be 'suspended' then 6" x 4" would be the
recommended norm.

HTH

Jim

Sorry just re-read my post and it should read ......6" x 2" would be the
recommended norm