Posted to uk.d-i-y
51 51 is offline

Default core drills

I have to drill a hole for the waste pipe from a kitchen sink.
As I understand it, the section of pipe to go thru the wall will be 40mm
diameter. But I find that most cored drill sets have 38mm and then 52mm,
etc.
I would have thought that a 40mm drill would be a more common
requirement of core drill users especially people who buy sets of core
drills.

I must be wrong..

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "51" contains these words:

I would have thought that a 40mm drill would be a more common
requirement of core drill users especially people who buy sets of core
drills.

The carbide grit set that Aldi had last week had a 43mm in it.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

51 wrote:
I have to drill a hole for the waste pipe from a kitchen sink.
As I understand it, the section of pipe to go thru the wall will be
40mm diameter. But I find that most cored drill sets have 38mm and
then 52mm, etc.
I would have thought that a 40mm drill would be a more common
requirement of core drill users especially people who buy sets of core
drills.

Exactly my thoughts as well. Looking for a single the nearest I could find
was 45mm http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/...15177&ts=21611

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 4 Aug 2006 23:20:57 +0100, Guy King wrote:

|The message
|from "51" contains these words:
|
| I would have thought that a 40mm drill would be a more common
| requirement of core drill users especially people who buy sets of core
| drills.
|
|The carbide grit set that Aldi had last week had a 43mm in it.

The Lidl carbide coated set, a few weeks ago did not have 40mm,
only 33, 53 67, 72, and 83. IMO a strange sequence :-(