Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

Default Built In Microwave + Eye Level Grill

Has anyone been here before?

Kitchen refurbishment is under way...

One of the requirements was for a Microwave and some sort
of eye level grill. (NB. Don't want them in the same unit).

Plan was to put our existing Panasonic NN-T591W Microwave
into the lower portion of a tall oven housing. Then, above the
microwave to put a Neff Compact oven B1724
(http://www.neff.co.uk/B1724.html).

However we have recently been told by a friend that the grill on
their Neff oven is very slow to heat up. Given that the main reason
for going to this oven is the "eye level grill", and that it's B expensive
we are wondering if there is a better way.

I have considered the commercial grills such as...

http://www.lincat.co.uk/prodfinalview.asp?item=LGT

But that is fraught with problems re clearance space required etc.
They are not really designed to be built in...

Anyone got any good ideas?

Thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RzB wrote:
Has anyone been here before?

Kitchen refurbishment is under way...

One of the requirements was for a Microwave and some sort
of eye level grill. (NB. Don't want them in the same unit).

Plan was to put our existing Panasonic NN-T591W Microwave
into the lower portion of a tall oven housing. Then, above the
microwave to put a Neff Compact oven B1724
(http://www.neff.co.uk/B1724.html).

However we have recently been told by a friend that the grill on
their Neff oven is very slow to heat up. Given that the main reason
for going to this oven is the "eye level grill", and that it's B expensive
we are wondering if there is a better way.

A second microwave, a combi model with grill function, set at eye
level.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y

(
http://www.neff.co.uk/B1724.html).

However we have recently been told by a friend that the grill on
their Neff oven is very slow to heat up. Given that the main reason
for going to this oven is the "eye level grill", and that it's B expensive
we are wondering if there is a better way.

A second microwave, a combi model with grill function, set at eye
level.

MBQ

But it'll be slow filling the bath....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RzB wrote:

However we have recently been told by a friend that the grill on
their Neff oven is very slow to heat up. Given that the main reason
for going to this oven is the "eye level grill", and that it's B expensive
we are wondering if there is a better way.

Hi

Quite a few of the manufacturers offer high speed grills. Hotpoint call
theirs 'Solarplus', and I'm sure Bosch et. al. do something similar.

They heat up in under a minute - often much less.

Steve

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RzB wrote:

Kitchen refurbishment is under way...

One of the requirements was for a Microwave and some sort
of eye level grill. (NB. Don't want them in the same unit).

Plan was to put our existing Panasonic NN-T591W Microwave
into the lower portion of a tall oven housing. Then, above the
microwave to put a Neff Compact oven B1724
(http://www.neff.co.uk/B1724.html).

I'd definitely make it a microwave/fan oven combi unit, pointless to
get just a plain nuke nowadays.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
RzB wrote:

Kitchen refurbishment is under way...

One of the requirements was for a Microwave and some sort
of eye level grill. (NB. Don't want them in the same unit).

Plan was to put our existing Panasonic NN-T591W Microwave
into the lower portion of a tall oven housing. Then, above the
microwave to put a Neff Compact oven B1724
(http://www.neff.co.uk/B1724.html).

I'd definitely make it a microwave/fan oven combi unit, pointless to
get just a plain nuke nowadays.

Hmm... I have this thing about multi function gadgets...
There are always compromises made along the way in the design..
Still - I'll think about your point...

Many thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
RzB wrote:

===== snip

Hi

Quite a few of the manufacturers offer high speed grills. Hotpoint call
theirs 'Solarplus', and I'm sure Bosch et. al. do something similar.

They heat up in under a minute - often much less.

Steve

Steve, many thanks for your response...
Do Hotpoint do a "compact" single oven? I can't find one...
It needs to be a "compact" oven to go above the microwave...
Hence the Neff B1724 (http://www.neff.co.uk/B1724.html).
It's quite slim - height wise...

Thanks,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The message
from "RzB" contains these words:

Hmm... I have this thing about multi function gadgets...
There are always compromises made along the way in the design..

You've only to look at the human penis.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

RzB wrote:

Hmm... I have this thing about multi function gadgets...
There are always compromises made along the way in the design..
Still - I'll think about your point...

Definitely seems to apply to printer/scanner/teamaker gizmos but one of
the longest lasting kitchen gadgets we've had is a Panasonic
microwave/oven/grill, now 14 years old and never gone wrong. It wasn't
cheap, but it has been well worth the money.

MBQ

Posted to uk.d-i-y
RzB RzB is offline

Definitely seems to apply to printer/scanner/teamaker gizmos but one of
the longest lasting kitchen gadgets we've had is a Panasonic
microwave/oven/grill, now 14 years old and never gone wrong. It wasn't
cheap, but it has been well worth the money.

MBQ

Hmm - interesting - we had a Panasonic microwave for 18 years!
One of their very early ones - it was a sad loss when it finally passed
away!

How well does the grill bit work on your machine? Do you use
it a lot? Heat up fast? Any drawbacks?

Being a mocrowave it's probably a little smaller than the Neff
oven we have been considering... The neff cooking volume is 45L,
with a width of about 45cm... Quite a lot bigger than our current
Panasonic microwave (26L)

Many thanks for your response,
Roy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

RzB wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
RzB wrote:

Kitchen refurbishment is under way...

One of the requirements was for a Microwave and some sort
of eye level grill. (NB. Don't want them in the same unit).

Plan was to put our existing Panasonic NN-T591W Microwave
into the lower portion of a tall oven housing. Then, above the
microwave to put a Neff Compact oven B1724
(http://www.neff.co.uk/B1724.html).

I'd definitely make it a microwave/fan oven combi unit, pointless to
get just a plain nuke nowadays.

Hmm... I have this thing about multi function gadgets...
There are always compromises made along the way in the design..
Still - I'll think about your point...

Many thanks,
Roy

I've not had any compromise type problems with them.

NT