DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Marley Garage Door Problem (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/171111-marley-garage-door-problem.html)

AK400 August 1st 06 06:07 PM

Marley Garage Door Problem

I've a problem with my Marley Quickfix garage door that I have narrowed
down to one of the spools/cones that the wires wrap around shearing off
from the rod that connects it to the other spool/cone.

I can order new cones, wires and roll pins, but I can't find any
instructions and fitting them: even the company who supply them merely
say 'Marley are a bit different'.

How 'different'?

Obviously a deal of care is to be taken in releasing the tension, but
does anyone know of a correct setting up method?

Martin

Harry Bloomfield August 1st 06 07:21 PM

Marley Garage Door Problem

After serious thinking AK400 wrote :
Obviously a deal of care is to be taken in releasing the tension, but
does anyone know of a correct setting up method?

Trial and error worked for me for the retensioning - not a Marley BTW.

Fit it and make a guess at the tension, check the balance, then tension
a bit more or less as required.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)