Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Who? What? When? Why?

[/crispybacon mode]

David

Ain't Google wonderful!

"From:Homer2911 - view profile
Date:Sun, Jul 9 2006 10:58 am
Email: "Homer2911"
Groups: uk.d-i-y

The wife is 60 in two weeks time - suggestions for a really nice,
lasting gift? "

We had quite a long thread but I haven't seen a report on what Mrs Homer got
for achieving the ripe middle age of 60.

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What did he buy the wife?

Mary Fisher wrote:
"Lobster" wrote in message
news
Mary Fisher wrote:
Just wondering ...

Mary

Who? What? When? Why?

[/crispybacon mode]

David

Ain't Google wonderful!

"From:Homer2911 - view profile
Date:Sun, Jul 9 2006 10:58 am
Email: "Homer2911"
Groups: uk.d-i-y

The wife is 60 in two weeks time - suggestions for a really nice,
lasting gift? "

We had quite a long thread but I haven't seen a report on what Mrs Homer got
for achieving the ripe middle age of 60.

Mary

Maybe there's no PC in the doghouse for him to post a reply with
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mary
Fisher writes
Just wondering ...

Well I ...

.... forgot her birthday, didn't I !

in Malta

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"raden" wrote in message
In message , Mary Fisher
writes
Just wondering ...

Well I ...

... forgot her birthday, didn't I !

in Malta

Maxie, you are filth for doing such a thing.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
[snip]

Mary, did you realise that the meaning of your subject line can be
completely and utterly changed by the addition of only one comma or
exclamation mark?

Now there's thread drift for you...

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:
[snip]

Mary, did you realise that the meaning of your subject line can be
completely and utterly changed by the addition of only one comma or
exclamation mark?

Yes, but I didn't use such marks :-)

Now there's thread drift for you...

Andy, did you realise that the meaning of the above phrase could be
completely and utterly changed by the addition of only one comma or
exclamation point?

This thread could drift and drift ... and we can't blame the heat now :-)

Mary

--
Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:

Now there's thread drift for you...

Andy, did you realise that the meaning of the above phrase could be
completely and utterly changed by the addition of only one comma or
exclamation point?

No, but I suppose it could. It's not so dramatic as "What! Did he buy
the wife" though. My favourite example is still "I like cooking my
children and missing out commas" which I first saw posted here many
years ago.

--
Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

Now there's thread drift for you...

Andy, did you realise that the meaning of the above phrase could be
completely and utterly changed by the addition of only one comma or
exclamation point?

No, but I suppose it could. It's not so dramatic as "What! Did he buy the
wife" though. My favourite example is still "I like cooking my children
and missing out commas" which I first saw posted here many years ago.

It can be fun but I'm always careful about punctuation. I have a lot of
chuckles at others' expenses though :-)

Now, do you know what he bought for his wife's 60th?

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mary Fisher" wrote

I have a lot of
chuckles at others' expenses though :-)

and we, many at your's.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"HLAH" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote

I have a lot of
chuckles at others' expenses though :-)

and we, many at your's.

I think you mean "yours" :-)

It's not a problem for me, while you're insulting me you're leaving others
alone. It's my contribution to humanity.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Jon
writes
declared for all the world to hear...
Well I ...

... forgot her birthday, didn't I !

in Malta

Ohhh, I've done that aswell! Not nice.

How long did the mega sulk last ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

"HLAH" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote

I have a lot of
chuckles at others' expenses though :-)

and we, many at your's.

I think you mean "yours" :-)

It's not a problem for me, while you're insulting me you're leaving others
alone. It's my contribution to humanity.

Another giggle, teehee!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mary Fisher wrote:
Just wondering ...

Mary -

A ride over Shropshire in a hot air baloon - no filthy jokes please!
She was chuffed.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Homer2911" wrote in message
ps.com...

Mary Fisher wrote:
Just wondering ...

Mary -

A ride over Shropshire in a hot air baloon - no filthy jokes please!

REALLY?

She was chuffed.

I bet she was!

I bought a flying lesson in a Tiger Moth for Spouse once, because of a
suggestion on this group, it was fabulous! Last year I organised a day's
one-to-one flint knapping course, another year whale watching at midnight on
his birthday (the summer solstice) in Iceland. Such unusual things are far
more memorable and enjoyable at the time than a box of chocolates! They take
more thinking about and planning but wotthehell.

Well done :-)

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message om,
Homer2911 writes

Mary Fisher wrote:
Just wondering ...

Mary -

A ride over Shropshire in a hot air baloon - no filthy jokes please!
She was chuffed.

How much do they cost then ?

and where do they go from

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 21:06:06 UTC, "Homer2911"
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:
Just wondering ...

A ride over Shropshire in a hot air baloon - no filthy jokes please!
She was chuffed.

About 3 years ago, I bought my wife a days' JCB racing....she had great
fun despite eating too much from the lunchtime barbie and nearly seeing
it again during the (very bumpy) final heat...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bob Eager" wrote in message
On Tue, 1 Aug 2006 21:06:06 UTC, "Homer2911"
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:
Just wondering ...

A ride over Shropshire in a hot air baloon - no filthy jokes please!
She was chuffed.

About 3 years ago, I bought my wife a days' JCB racing....she had great
fun despite eating too much from the lunchtime barbie and nearly seeing
it again during the (very bumpy) final heat...

You mean she drove a digger? Or have I misunderstood something ... it
happens.

Our neighbour (a builder) has hired a little digger, I can see him using it
as I type. I WANT ONE!

Mary

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 08:36:52 UTC, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

You mean she drove a digger? Or have I misunderstood something ... it
happens.

Our neighbour (a builder) has hired a little digger, I can see him using it
as I type. I WANT ONE!

No, she drove a digger...but a proper big (ish) one.

See:

http://www.diggerland.com

(there is a lot of other stuff, but the second little picture from the
left gives you an idea of the size). The theme park where five year olds
can drive dumper trucks, etc. is also very good - they have three,
around the country.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

You mean she drove a digger? Or have I misunderstood something ... it
happens.

Our neighbour (a builder) has hired a little digger, I can see him using
it
as I type. I WANT ONE!

No, she drove a digger...but a proper big (ish) one.

See:

http://www.diggerland.com

(there is a lot of other stuff, but the second little picture from the
left gives you an idea of the size). The theme park where five year olds
can drive dumper trucks, etc. is also very good - they have three,
around the country.

It's a horrid site but a great idea ... I might pursue it - when Spouse can
sit on a hard seat and be jiggled :-)

Thanks. And I'm jealous! I never missed the Dancing JCBs at the Royal Show.
I think I might have a word with Jitu (the neighbour).

Mary