DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/170418-know-good-gas-boiler-installer-ne-london.html)

Chris Tomlinson July 26th 06 05:08 PM

Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London?

Hi all, as per my other thread here, "Cheapest way to replace dead
Combi-boiler??", I am now looking for a recommended engineer who is both
honest and good value (i.e. not British Gas) to do a prompt 1-for-1
replacement of my Tenant's Saunier Duval Thelia 623.

Anyone recommended in London E8 or nearby? I have tried Ed Sirett but he's
away on hols for 2 weeks :(
--
Thanks,
Me

Try Google Quik-e-search™ at www.Superhighstreet.com/home
....Finds anything or they buy it for you!

DJC July 26th 06 10:01 PM

Chris Tomlinson wrote:
Hi all, as per my other thread here, "Cheapest way to replace dead
Combi-boiler??", I am now looking for a recommended engineer who is both
honest and good value (i.e. not British Gas) to do a prompt 1-for-1
replacement of my Tenant's Saunier Duval Thelia 623.

Anyone recommended in London E8 or nearby? I have tried Ed Sirett but he's
away on hols for 2 weeks :(

Try Norman Newmarch in N1: 020 7704 8166

as good value as you are likely to find in London and honest.

--
David Clark
http://www.publishing.ucl.ac.uk

Chris Tomlinson July 26th 06 11:15 PM

Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London?

Great, thanks. Any other suggestions from people also welcome.
--
Thanks,
Me

Try Google Quik-e-searchT at www.Superhighstreet.com/home
....Finds anything or they buy it for you!

"DJC" wrote in message
.uk...

tarquinlinbin July 27th 06 09:08 AM

Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London?

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 16:08:09 GMT, "Chris Tomlinson"
wrote:

Hi all, as per my other thread here, "Cheapest way to replace dead
Combi-boiler??", I am now looking for a recommended engineer who is both
honest and good value (i.e. not British Gas) to do a prompt 1-for-1
replacement of my Tenant's Saunier Duval Thelia 623.

Anyone recommended in London E8 or nearby? I have tried Ed Sirett but he's
away on hols for 2 weeks :(

Whats wrong with it? Cant it be repaired cheaper than replaced?

Chris Tomlinson July 27th 06 10:34 AM

wrote:

Hi all, as per my other thread here, "Cheapest way to replace dead
Combi-boiler??", I am now looking for a recommended engineer who is both
honest and good value (i.e. not British Gas) to do a prompt 1-for-1
replacement of my Tenant's Saunier Duval Thelia 623.

Anyone recommended in London E8 or nearby? I have tried Ed Sirett but
he's
away on hols for 2 weeks :(

Whats wrong with it? Cant it be repaired cheaper than replaced?

Sadly not, it's had over £1,500 of parts over the past year (£400 last week)
all at BG's expense, and now has a shot wiring loom, multiple water leaks,
and more. Time to give up methinks!

[email protected] July 27th 06 01:32 PM

Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London?

Chris Tomlinson wrote:

snip

Whats wrong with it? Cant it be repaired cheaper than replaced?

Sadly not, it's had over £1,500 of parts over the past year (£400 last week)
all at BG's expense, and now has a shot wiring loom, multiple water leaks,
and more. Time to give up methinks!

WTF have BG been doing to it??!!

Have to say, it is prolly a case of IFF (It's F-ing French!) very few
people except SD and SD trained engineers seem to be able to work on
these without causing leaks.

tarquinlinbin July 27th 06 01:38 PM

Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London?

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 09:34:17 GMT, "Chris Tomlinson"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

Hi all, as per my other thread here, "Cheapest way to replace dead
Combi-boiler??", I am now looking for a recommended engineer who is both
honest and good value (i.e. not British Gas) to do a prompt 1-for-1
replacement of my Tenant's Saunier Duval Thelia 623.

Anyone recommended in London E8 or nearby? I have tried Ed Sirett but
he's
away on hols for 2 weeks :(

Whats wrong with it? Cant it be repaired cheaper than replaced?

Sadly not, it's had over £1,500 of parts over the past year (£400 last week)
all at BG's expense, and now has a shot wiring loom, multiple water leaks,
and more. Time to give up methinks!

Wow...well dont chuck it out then,,break it for spares !

tarquinlinbin July 27th 06 01:39 PM

Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London?

On 27 Jul 2006 05:32:49 -0700, wrote:

Chris Tomlinson wrote:

snip

Whats wrong with it? Cant it be repaired cheaper than replaced?

Sadly not, it's had over £1,500 of parts over the past year (£400 last week)
all at BG's expense, and now has a shot wiring loom, multiple water leaks,
and more. Time to give up methinks!

WTF have BG been doing to it??!!

Have to say, it is prolly a case of IFF (It's F-ing French!) very few
people except SD and SD trained engineers seem to be able to work on
these without causing leaks.

I kind of like repairing SD boilers. They come apart so easily,all
those nice easy clips and o-rings. I used to find that a two tube pack
of araldite was essential equipment for my toolbox becuase you would
sometimes find that a plastic complonent would develop a pinhole. A
quick drain and blob with araldite did the trick.

Chris Tomlinson July 27th 06 02:02 PM

Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London?

"tarquinlinbin" wrote in message

Sadly not, it's had over £1,500 of parts over the past year (£400 last
week)
all at BG's expense, and now has a shot wiring loom, multiple water leaks,
and more. Time to give up methinks!

Wow...well dont chuck it out then,,break it for spares !

That's actually an interesting idea! How would I go about this? I'm ok at
DIY but no boiler expert, so are there companies who would take it off my
hands for a lump sum? Maybe CET Ltd.?

Chris Tomlinson July 28th 06 01:59 PM

Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London?

Thanks for the replies guys. And what sort of quote should I be expecting
as 'reasonable' for installing a boiler that I supply, and fitting a room
stat and attachment to kitchen sink (very close by)?
--
Thanks,
Me

Try Google Quik-e-search™ at www.Superhighstreet.com/home
....Finds anything or they buy it for you!

.uk...

Andy Luckman (AJL Electronics) July 29th 06 11:35 AM

Know a good gas boiler installer in NE London?

In article , Chris Tomlinson
wrote:

Great, thanks. Any other suggestions from people also welcome.

Post the right way up and trim to context?

--
AJL