DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Supplier of extra tall internal door? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/1704-supplier-extra-tall-internal-door.html)

Joe Cocker September 5th 03 02:49 PM

Supplier of extra tall internal door?

Just bought a flat and one of the internal doors is missing. It is a plain
door (i.e. no panels, etc) and 84" x 30" (213cm x 76cm) in size.

I have looked everywhere for a replacement, but have been unable to find
anything even close. 80" were the tallest I could find.

I would rather go for something cheap and cheerful to match the other 5
doors that can be accessed from the hall.

Any idea where such door can be found (I am in Glasgow)? I am happy to buy
a bigger door than required and plane/cut to size.

Many TIA,

J.

PS: Fire doors are the only ones that I could find that come in this height
(but much wider than I need), but I prefer not to use them as they weight a
ton and cost a fortune (in comparison at least).

Robin Prater September 5th 03 06:41 PM

"Joe Cocker" wrote in message
Just bought a flat and one of the internal doors is missing. It is a plain
door (i.e. no panels, etc) and 84" x 30" (213cm x 76cm) in size.

I have looked everywhere for a replacement, but have been unable to find
anything even close. 80" were the tallest I could find.

I have had a similar problem - cheapest solution is to buy a standard door
and add 2" top and bottom. Plane it, sand it and paint it and you won't
know the difference.

Robin

Rohtarin September 6th 03 12:29 PM

Supplier of extra tall internal door?

Hi Joe try Forsyth glazing limited, they are at 38 London Rd they do internals
up to 84"

Stuart September 6th 03 03:46 PM

On 06 Sep 2003 11:29:56 GMT, (Rohtarin) wrote:

Hi Joe try Forsyth glazing limited, they are at 38 London Rd they do internals
up to 84"

And there is also a place in Cathcart Road -poosibly called Doorworld
,near Dixon Rd , Govanhill. I believe that they can get doors made up to
spec .
Stuart
---------

Remove YOURPANTS before E-mailing Me