DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Sink drainer seal/gasket (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/170085-sink-drainer-seal-gasket.html)

elyob July 23rd 06 02:14 PM

Sink drainer seal/gasket

I took the drainer plumbing apart as it was quite gunker up. It's of the
type as below. The seal or gasket that stops it leaking is in pretty poor
condition and I need a new one. Is this the sort of thing that is easily
gettable? Are they standard sizes? B&Q?

http://static.flickr.com/72/19609092...1c903b.jpg?v=0

Thanks

The Natural Philosopher July 23rd 06 03:56 PM

Sink drainer seal/gasket

elyob wrote:
I took the drainer plumbing apart as it was quite gunker up. It's of the
type as below. The seal or gasket that stops it leaking is in pretty poor
condition and I need a new one. Is this the sort of thing that is easily
gettable? Are they standard sizes? B&Q?

http://static.flickr.com/72/19609092...1c903b.jpg?v=0

Thanks

Use silicone. Apply carefully and tighten part way. When set tighten a
bit more.

Next time clean with caustic.