DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hotpoint Washer problem (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/1700-re-hotpoint-washer-problem.html)

Christian McArdle September 5th 03 10:41 AM

Hotpoint Washer problem

Or take it to the tip and buy a better and more reliable make :-)
Not too difficult to find!

Why? My Ultima has been very reliable, apart from the element going. But
then I do live in one of the hardest water areas in the country. You regard
replacing washing machine elements as much part of doing the washing as
putting in the powder.

Christian.

Christian McArdle September 8th 03 12:34 PM

Hotpoint Washer problem

That's weird. Can't see why it would stop mid-cycle then..

Probably rinsing with cold water, but filling with hot, so stops between the
wash and rinse cycles. First make sure the tap really works, take off the
hose and briefly turn on the tap. If you flood the kitchen, then the tap is
fine. Next, replace the solenoid cold fill valve. You can even check for
voltage across its terminals at the appropriate stage first, if you feel
competent to work on a live appliance. This will tell you if the wiring or
controller is at fault before replacing the valve.

Christian.