DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Spraying contact adhesive (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/169855-spraying-contact-adhesive.html)

pebe July 20th 06 11:49 PM

Spraying contact adhesive

I am about to refurbish our shower and that will include removing the old tiles and replacing them with PVC sheet panels. The wall is wood studding so I shall have to replace the plasterboard as well.

That's a fair sized area to fix the PVC to, so is there some form of contact adhesive available in the form of a spray? I haven't been able to locate anything suitable.

Weatherlawyer July 21st 06 07:34 PM

Spraying contact adhesive

serve wrote:
I am about to refurbish our shower and that will include removing the
old tiles and replacing them with PVC sheet panels. The wall is wood
studding so I shall have to replace the plasterboard as well.

That's a fair sized area to fix the PVC to, so is there some form of
contact adhesive available in the form of a spray? I haven't been able
to locate anything suitable.

EvoStick make some that used to be available in B&Q. If they have it,
it will be fairly widespread -to coin a phrase.

keith_765 July 22nd 06 11:57 AM

Spraying contact adhesive

"Weatherlawyer" wrote in message
oups.com...

serve wrote:
I am about to refurbish our shower and that will include removing the
old tiles and replacing them with PVC sheet panels. The wall is wood
studding so I shall have to replace the plasterboard as well.

That's a fair sized area to fix the PVC to, so is there some form of
contact adhesive available in the form of a spray? I haven't been able
to locate anything suitable.

EvoStick make some that used to be available in B&Q. If they have it,
it will be fairly widespread -to coin a phrase.

Most contact adhesive is petroleum based. spraying it would be a no,no. The
slightest spark from a light switch
would cause an explosion, not to mention the fumes on the breathing .

Steve Walker July 23rd 06 06:22 PM

Spraying contact adhesive

serve wrote:
I am about to refurbish our shower and that will include
removing the old tiles and replacing them with PVC sheet
panels. The wall is wood studding so I shall have to replace
the plasterboard as well.

That's a fair sized area to fix the PVC to, so is there some
form of contact adhesive available in the form of a spray? I
haven't been able to locate anything suitable.

EvoStick make some that used to be available in B&Q. If they
have it, it will be fairly widespread -to coin a phrase.

Most contact adhesive is petroleum based. spraying it would be a
no,no. The slightest spark from a light switch
would cause an explosion, not to mention the fumes on the
breathing .

Odd, because most places sell it nonetheless.

see Screwfix item 13636 for example.

keith_765 July 23rd 06 07:30 PM

Spraying contact adhesive

serve wrote:
I am about to refurbish our shower and that will include
removing the old tiles and replacing them with PVC sheet
panels. The wall is wood studding so I shall have to replace
the plasterboard as well.

That's a fair sized area to fix the PVC to, so is there some
form of contact adhesive available in the form of a spray? I
haven't been able to locate anything suitable.

EvoStick make some that used to be available in B&Q. If they
have it, it will be fairly widespread -to coin a phrase.

Most contact adhesive is petroleum based. spraying it would be a
no,no. The slightest spark from a light switch
would cause an explosion, not to mention the fumes on the
breathing .

Odd, because most places sell it nonetheless.

SAFETY DATA SHEET
STICK 2 SPRAY CONTACT ADHESIVE Page 1
Issued: 27/9/2003
Revision No: 2
1. IDENTIFICATION OF THE SUBSTANCE / PREPARATION AND OF THE COMPANY /
UNDERTAKING
Product name: STICK 2 SPRAY CONTACT ADHESIVE
Product code: CONSPRAY5
Use / description of product: Highly flammable or extremely flammable.
Harmful.