DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Steel for concrete breaker? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/169598-steel-concrete-breaker.html)

Mark S. July 18th 06 08:06 PM

Steel for concrete breaker?

I've just picked up a full sized concrete breaker as my drive has
resisted the sledge hammer/sds/angle grinder and kangoo. :-(

I need a " steel" for it however but like yesterday as I've a skip to
finish filling asap.

Is there anywhere I can get one after 5pm or am I best walking up the
road before work with tenner to the bypass that's under construction?
;-)

Mark S.

Phil L July 18th 06 09:04 PM

Steel for concrete breaker?

Mark S. wrote:
I've just picked up a full sized concrete breaker as my drive has
resisted the sledge hammer/sds/angle grinder and kangoo. :-(

I need a " steel" for it however but like yesterday as I've a skip to
finish filling asap.

Is there anywhere I can get one after 5pm or am I best walking up the
road before work with tenner to the bypass that's under construction?
;-)

Mark S.

A steel? - do you mean a bit? - AFAIK the only place you will get one is
from a hire shop...as an aside, how deep is the concrete that a kango
wouldn't break? - I've removed reinforced 9 inch stuff with a small
kango...although a banjack (jackhammer) makes things easier and quicker

Mark S. July 19th 06 08:26 PM

Steel for concrete breaker?

On Tue, 18 Jul 2006 20:04:19 GMT, "Phil L"
wrote:

Mark S. wrote:
I've just picked up a full sized concrete breaker as my drive has
resisted the sledge hammer/sds/angle grinder and kangoo. :-(

I need a " steel" for it however but like yesterday as I've a skip to
finish filling asap.

Is there anywhere I can get one after 5pm or am I best walking up the
road before work with tenner to the bypass that's under construction?
;-)

Mark S.

A steel? - do you mean a bit? - AFAIK the only place you will get one is
from a hire shop...as an aside, how deep is the concrete that a kango
wouldn't break? - I've removed reinforced 9 inch stuff with a small
kango...although a banjack (jackhammer) makes things easier and quicker

It's the Kangoo that's "tired", a dodgy Ebay buy. :-(

I thought stuff it I've better things to do so have gone for something
that will do it all asap. :-)

Mark S.

somebody July 20th 06 12:34 AM

Steel for concrete breaker?

In message , Mark S.
writes
wrote:

Mark S. wrote:
[...]

Not too long ago I bought a Kango 900 and was highly disappointed with
it's effectiveness. After reading up on it, it seems these things need
servicing every n hours. Apparently the new models actually have a
"service" required LED built in. Something to do with a "grease pack" on
the output side of the compressor or something (far too technical for
me).

I took it to my local tool shop who worked their magic giving it a
"service" (60quid+vat). It's now like a different tool. Admittedly it's
not a great big breaker like the council guys have wake you up at 3am,
but it does atleast now live up to its reputation.

Hth
--
Someone