DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Central heating boilers. What make? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/167982-central-heating-boilers-what-make.html)

Phil Addison July 15th 06 10:39 PM

Central heating boilers. What make?

On Fri, 14 Jul 2006 12:43:54 +0100, in uk.d-i-y "Doctor Drivel"
wrote:

"Phil Addison" wrote in message

Mr Drivel...

That's me.

Whilst I might agree that Ed's FAQ does
not cover the whole range of
options it IS a very good introduction.

It is 20 years out of date, which I have told him. He asked for me input, I
have given it. He has basically rejected the lot. The FAQ as it stands it
pretty useless for a novice to grasp in parts as he is using catch all
phrases which are meaningless to a novice.

This is the salient point of my post - did you miss it?

"Try giving your comments in a more friendly and less aggressive way,
and you might find they are more readily accepted."

[Remainder snipped unread. I stop reading your stuff once you start
getting personal.]

Phil
The uk.d-i-y FAQ is at http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/
Remove NOSPAM from address to email me

raden July 16th 06 01:16 AM

Central heating boilers. What make?

In message .uk, Ed
Sirett writes

wrote:

"Phil Addison" wrote in message

Mr Drivel...

That's me.

Whilst I might agree that Ed's FAQ does
not cover the whole range of
options it IS a very good introduction.

It is 20 years out of date, which I have told him. He asked for me input, I
have given it. He has basically rejected the lot. The FAQ as it stands it
pretty useless for a novice to grasp in parts as he is using catch all
phrases which are meaningless to a novice.

This is the salient point of my post - did you miss it?

"Try giving your comments in a more friendly and less aggressive way,
and you might find they are more readily accepted."

[Remainder snipped unread. I stop reading your stuff once you start
getting personal.]

Thanks for all the replies. If/when I come to do an edit on this FAQ I may
take a few of the suggestion on board.

On a certain point of fact.
I do hold a G3 (unvented hot water storage) qualification,

But do you have a JSH1 [1]

this may of
course make me less inclined to see the down side of unvented cylinders
relative to thermal stores and heat banks.

[1] - Junior HackSaw

--
geoff

Doctor Drivel July 16th 06 01:23 AM

Central heating boilers. What make?

n.co.uk...

wrote:

[...]

I do hold a G3 (unvented hot water storage) qualification, this may of
course make me less inclined to see the down side of unvented cylinders
relative to thermal stores and heat banks.

Annual service cost, can't be DIYed and and this:
http://www.waterheaterblast.com

Doctor Drivel July 16th 06 01:27 AM

wrote:

[...]

He must have a junior hacksaw Maxie. He must have one! Maxie, do you have
view on senior hacksaws and unvented cylinders? What do you think would
happen if you went wild on an unvnetd cylinder with a senior hacksaw.

raden July 16th 06 02:01 AM

Central heating boilers. What make?

In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

[Remainder snipped unread. I stop reading your stuff once you start
getting personal.]

Thanks for all the replies. If/when I come to do an edit on this FAQ I may
take a few of the suggestion on board.

On a certain point of fact.
I do hold a G3 (unvented hot water storage) qualification,

But do you have a JSH1 [1]

this may of
course make me less inclined to see the down side of unvented cylinders
relative to thermal stores and heat banks.

[1] - Junior HackSaw

He must have a junior hacksaw Maxie. He must have one! Maxie, do you
have view on senior hacksaws and unvented cylinders? What do you think
would happen if you went wild on an unvnetd cylinder with a senior
hacksaw.

I think you're a loony

you really should take those tablets they give you

--
geoff

Andy Hall July 16th 06 07:07 AM

Central heating boilers. What make?

On Sun, 16 Jul 2006 01:23:22 +0100, Doctor Drivel wrote
(in article ews.net):

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message
n.co.uk...

On a certain point of fact.
I do hold a G3 (unvented hot water storage) qualification, this may of
course make me less inclined to see the down side of unvented cylinders
relative to thermal stores and heat banks.

Annual service cost, can't be DIYed and and this:
http://www.waterheaterblast.com

If you're going to run this one, the investigation into the sinking of the
Fleur de Lys (not the Belgrano), while not so visually spectacular, makes
entertaining reading into the principles of Darwin. This was even managed
without the use of a junior hacksaw.

http://www.maib.gov.uk/publications/...v_fleur_de_lys
..cfm

Doctor Drivel July 16th 06 10:51 AM

Central heating boilers. What make?

"raden" wrote in message
In message ews.net,
Doctor Drivel writes

[Remainder snipped unread. I stop reading your stuff once you start
getting personal.]

Thanks for all the replies. If/when I come to do an edit on this FAQ I
may
take a few of the suggestion on board.

On a certain point of fact.
I do hold a G3 (unvented hot water storage) qualification,

But do you have a JSH1 [1]

this may of
course make me less inclined to see the down side of unvented cylinders
relative to thermal stores and heat banks.

[1] - Junior HackSaw

He must have a junior hacksaw Maxie. He must have one! Maxie, do you have
view on senior hacksaws and unvented cylinders? What do you think would
happen if you went wild on an unvnetd cylinder with a senior hacksaw.

I think you're a loony

Maxie, you clearly have a thing about senior hacksaws and unvented
cylinders. It is something to do with you being psychedelic.

Dave Plowman (News) July 16th 06 07:19 PM

Central heating boilers. What make?

In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
On a certain point of fact.
I do hold a G3 (unvented hot water storage) qualification, this may of
course make me less inclined to see the down side of unvented cylinders
relative to thermal stores and heat banks.

Annual service cost, can't be DIYed and and this:

http://www.waterheaterblast.com

Please watch the new series of Top Gear where you show you how a Toyota
Prius batteries explode when mistreated...

--
*Women who seek to be equal to men lack ambition.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Doctor Drivel July 16th 06 08:46 PM

Central heating boilers. What make?

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
On a certain point of fact.

I do hold a G3 (unvented hot water storage) qualification, this may of
course make me less inclined to see the down side of unvented cylinders
relative to thermal stores and heat banks.

Annual service cost, can't be DIYed and and this:

http://www.waterheaterblast.com

Please

He is on about cars now. Sad isn't it. Can't focus, meandering mind,
babble and drivel. Sad, so sad.

Dave Plowman (News) July 16th 06 10:53 PM

Doctor Drivel wrote:
He is on about cars now. Sad isn't it. Can't focus

No - Prius, actually.

--
*Always drink upstream from the herd *

Doctor Drivel July 17th 06 03:01 PM

Doctor Drivel wrote:
He is on about cars now. Sad isn't it. Can't focus

No

You are, Richard. You are on about cars. Thyey are things outside that go
brum, brum. Sad isn't, no focus. No idea whatsoever.

Dave Plowman (News) July 17th 06 08:00 PM

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Thyey are things outside that go brum, brum. Sad isn't,

It sure is. Have you considered going to night school?

--
*The colder the X-ray table, the more of your body is required on it *

Doctor Drivel July 17th 06 08:25 PM

Central heating boilers. What make?

"Dave Plowman (News)" through a haze of senile
flatulence wrote in message ...
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:

They are things outside that go brum, brum. Sad isn't,

It sure is.

Yes, that's right Richard, the go brum, brum, brum and occasionally, hoot,
hoot, hoot.

Sad isn't it. Very sad.

raden July 18th 06 12:13 AM

Central heating boilers. What make?

In message , "Dave Plowman (News)"
writes
In article ews.net,
Doctor Drivel wrote:
Thyey are things outside that go brum, brum. Sad isn't,

It sure is. Have you considered going to night school?

They prolly lock the ward at 5pm

--
geoff

Doctor Drivel July 18th 06 09:18 AM

Doctor Drivel wrote:
Thyey are things outside that go brum, brum. Sad isn't,

It sure is. Have you considered going to night school?

They prolly lock the ward at 5pm

Maxie, do you think they lock Richards ward at 5 p.m.? If so, this one is
sneaking out at night with his loafers on.