Posted to uk.d-i-y
bp bp is offline

Default Corrugated roof hole - how to fix

Hi,

I have a shed which has the plastic corrugated roofing on it.

One sheet has a hole in it which is approx 2inches by 1 inch. There is
a small crack leading off from it but the hole and crack is so small I
was wondering if I could just fix the hole somehow to prevent me from
getting a new sheet.

So, can anyone recommend what I should use to fill the hole, and how I
should do it.

I was thinking of doing it the way you repair a hole in a plasterboard
wall, i.e. I would put a bit of plastic on the underneath whilst I fill
the hole with some filler type material - but I done know what I could
use to fill the hole

Is this the best way to do this?

Thanks

Bhupesh

Posted to uk.d-i-y
TMC TMC is offline

"bp" wrote in message
ups.com...

Hi,

I have a shed which has the plastic corrugated roofing on it.

One sheet has a hole in it which is approx 2inches by 1 inch. There is
a small crack leading off from it but the hole and crack is so small I
was wondering if I could just fix the hole somehow to prevent me from
getting a new sheet.

So, can anyone recommend what I should use to fill the hole, and how I
should do it.

I was thinking of doing it the way you repair a hole in a plasterboard
wall, i.e. I would put a bit of plastic on the underneath whilst I fill
the hole with some filler type material - but I done know what I could
use to fill the hole

Is this the best way to do this?

Thanks

Bhupesh

I have used pvc tape (the yellow and black type used for marking areas on
floors) cos I had a roll in stock
one piece on the top one on the underside
lasted for years

I guess that a piece of flexible transparent packaging from something like a
fruit punnet could be cut to size and stuck on with clear silicone. Probably
even bend it to shape with the help of a hairdryer

Tony

Posted to uk.d-i-y

bp wrote:
Hi,

I have a shed which has the plastic corrugated roofing on it.

One sheet has a hole in it which is approx 2inches by 1 inch. There is
a small crack leading off from it but the hole and crack is so small I
was wondering if I could just fix the hole somehow to prevent me from
getting a new sheet.

So, can anyone recommend what I should use to fill the hole, and how I
should do it.

I was thinking of doing it the way you repair a hole in a plasterboard
wall, i.e. I would put a bit of plastic on the underneath whilst I fill
the hole with some filler type material - but I done know what I could
use to fill the hole

Is this the best way to do this?

Thanks

Bhupesh

driling ahole at the end of the crack stops it spreading. Unless of
course the drilling creates 6 more cracks... 'Well the reason we called
it swiss cheese cottage is...'

NT

Size of wood beams? Corrugated roof? Harry Bloomfield UK diy 11 June 20th 06 11:24 PM
Ovalizing a hole Steve B Metalworking 6 May 28th 06 05:37 PM
Spray in foam insulation + minimum roof slope? Albert Home Repair 13 November 9th 04 07:53 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry UK diy 3 February 25th 04 03:43 PM
Pitch and gravel roof? Terry Home Repair 3 February 25th 04 03:43 PM