DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plastic Corrugated Roof Leaks (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/1678-plastic-corrugated-roof-leaks.html)

rakster September 4th 03 02:35 PM

Plastic Corrugated Roof Leaks

I recently replaced the roof of my shed (which is adjoined to the
house) with Clear UPVC roofing sheets. I used self adhesive flashing
tape along the edges with a brick wall. Since installing the roof I
have noticed a couple of major leaks, noticably where i have had to
cut the sheet for guttering etc. The leaks are not visible. I have
tried to put extra flashing tape but this does not seem to solve the
problem.

Is there anything else i can do to stop the leaks, is there any
subtance i can use to maybe paint on which will solidify and fill all
the little gaps ? im slightly worried as i have a freezer in the shed
and electric lighting etc.

Thanx in advance

robgraham September 4th 03 05:28 PM

Plastic Corrugated Roof Leaks

"rakster" wrote in message
om...
I recently replaced the roof of my shed (which is adjoined to the
house) with Clear UPVC roofing sheets. I used self adhesive flashing
tape along the edges with a brick wall. Since installing the roof I
have noticed a couple of major leaks, noticably where i have had to
cut the sheet for guttering etc. The leaks are not visible. I have
tried to put extra flashing tape but this does not seem to solve the
problem.

Is there anything else i can do to stop the leaks, is there any
subtance i can use to maybe paint on which will solidify and fill all
the little gaps ? im slightly worried as i have a freezer in the shed
and electric lighting etc.

Thanx in advance

You need to try to find where the leaks actually are. Can you get up there
with a hosepipe or a bucket or two of water and try to isolate the problem?

Rob Graham