Posted to uk.d-i-y
David

Default Multi-point problem

I had a Ravenhead multi-point fitted about 2 years ago, not without its
problems, I have to say. After a period of working perfectly, however, I am
having problems with the hot water since switching from heating & water to
hot water only. After turning on a shower or tap, hot water appears after a
minute or so, then goes away altogether as the heater stops firing. The
mains supply pipes have recently been renewed and someone has suggested
reducing the pressure on the boiler. Ravenhead charge £70 for call out, so
any ideas out there for a DIYer?

Dave

Posted to uk.d-i-y
David

For "multi-point", read "combi-boiler".

"David" wrote in message
I had a Ravenhead multi-point fitted about 2 years ago, not without its
problems, I have to say. After a period of working perfectly, however, I
am having problems with the hot water since switching from heating & water
to hot water only. After turning on a shower or tap, hot water appears
after a minute or so, then goes away altogether as the heater stops firing.
The mains supply pipes have recently been renewed and someone has
suggested reducing the pressure on the boiler. Ravenhead charge £70 for
call out, so any ideas out there for a DIYer?

Dave

Marantz sr-63 problem Kevin Van Sant Electronics Repair 11 March 19th 07 10:54 AM
Electric Problem sean Electronics 9 June 9th 06 08:24 PM
Powermatic 64A Alignment Problem D Steck Woodworking 1 June 29th 05 01:08 PM
Wiring problem A Nony Mous Home Repair 10 May 28th 04 03:00 AM
OT-John Kerry Gunner Metalworking 137 February 11th 04 07:38 PM