Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Stewart

Default Single point washbasin taps

Have just got back from a holiday in Italy where the washbasin & bidet were
fitted with an Ideal Standard single point tap and waste arrangement.
Looked very smart, but in terms of function, there was a lot lacking.

So what is the supposed advantage?

TIA

(At home again, I have simple bib taps and separate waste which just do
their job without any fuss.)

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster

Malcolm Stewart wrote:
Have just got back from a holiday in Italy where the washbasin & bidet were
fitted with an Ideal Standard single point tap and waste arrangement.
Looked very smart, but in terms of function, there was a lot lacking.

So what is the supposed advantage?

Primarily fashion I suppose; but compared with two bib taps it does at
least permit you to run a stream of water at suitable temperature to
wash under, without either filling a sink/bidet or freezing/boiling your
hands/nether regions.

David
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Malcolm Stewart

"Lobster" wrote in message

Primarily fashion I suppose; but compared with two bib taps it does at
least permit you to run a stream of water at suitable temperature to
wash under, without either filling a sink/bidet or freezing/boiling your
hands/nether regions.

David

Thanks David

What it didn't seem to allow was filling the sink or the bidet as both waste
plugs sealed very poorly, even when pushed down hard, and apparently into
their correct positions. The max depth of water seemed to be around an
inch, providing the tap was left running at a high rate! Visual inspection
of the sink waste plug suggested some slight wear on the rubber element, but
that on the bidet looked "pristine" and still failed to hold any half
sensible depth of water above it. As soon as either tap was turned off any
water quickly drained away. And I repeat, the waste plugs "appeared" to be
correctly seated. (We were in a soft water area with no obvious build-up of
crud - unlike back at home.)

Selecting the temperature was, as always in a hotel type situation, very
dependent on who else was up and washed before myself...
--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK