DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Expansion tank with hot water in it (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/164882-expansion-tank-hot-water.html)

Pablo June 6th 06 08:59 PM

Expansion tank with hot water in it

Thank you very much to those who replied to my post about this subject.
Much appreciated. I turned on the hot water and the vent pipe is
pouring hot water into the expansion tank continuously. Scary. I have
shut the system down pending a plunber arriving. My own feeling is that
the problem is being caused by sludge in the system (despite inhibitor
being put in two months ago when a new pump was fitted). A neighnour
has suggested it may also be a fault with the hot water cylinder in the
airing cupboard.
Anyone know how much it would cost to a sealed system?