Posted to uk.d-i-y
Shokka

Default Shed erection cost

How much should I be paying a handyman to erect a 8x6 shed? The ground
needs levelling slightly.

A ballpark figure is fine.

shokka

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Shokka wrote:
How much should I be paying a handyman to erect a 8x6 shed? The ground
needs levelling slightly.

A ballpark figure is fine.

shokka

couple of hundred max maybe less.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
charlieB

That much??

Well - if you want him to stick it together like flat pack furniture
and leave it on your lawn then its expensive.

If however you want the ground levelled, a base layer put down, then
some slabs on which your shed will be built, its going to take a few
hours work.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Natural Philosopher

Shokka wrote:
How much should I be paying a handyman to erect a 8x6 shed? The ground
needs levelling slightly.

A ballpark figure is fine.

shokka

couple of hundred max maybe less.

That much??

Depends. If it needs a base laying,t hen its a couple of days work in all.

If its just being plonked down,. its a couple of hours innit?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andy Hall

On Tue, 6 Jun 2006 12:22:29 +0100, Shokka wrote
(in article .com):

Shokka wrote:
How much should I be paying a handyman to erect a 8x6 shed? The ground
needs levelling slightly.

A ballpark figure is fine.

shokka

couple of hundred max maybe less.

That much??

How much is your time worth per day?

Would you do the job for £200?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
EricP

On 6 Jun 2006 04:34:24 -0700, "charlieB"
wrote:

That much??

Well - if you want him to stick it together like flat pack furniture
and leave it on your lawn then its expensive.

If however you want the ground levelled, a base layer put down, then
some slabs on which your shed will be built, its going to take a few
hours work.

Felt the roof? Pitched roof? 2 hours for that?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Shokka

Warwick wrote:

If you skip the base and put up the shed on the flat ground then for
starters it'll rot. Then it'll shift.

Whenever I have done sheds I have always used concrete blocks and load
bearing timbers. Concrete blocks spaced about 2' apart and load bearers
on top of that. Bit of polythene betwen the concrete and the timber and
bo sherunkle.

The main advantage is that air is allowed to circulate under the floor
and stop the formation of rot/mould.

There's a shed at my mums that was done this way and it's been stood
for 45+ years. She bought it scondhand and it was apparently a good 20
years old then..

shokk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Shokka wrote:

Shed erection cost

Can be expensive, ask anyones whos been through a divorce

NT

OT - The Cost of War Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 103 January 18th 06 11:10 PM
Wiring the garden shed Declan UK diy 1 January 9th 06 12:34 PM
Shed wiring - OK [email protected] UK diy 5 April 13th 05 10:49 AM
My shed & garage electricity supplies & earthing! Sparks UK diy 17 March 31st 05 09:25 PM
Need to Move a Shed HerHusband Home Repair 15 August 17th 04 11:34 PM