DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Trampoline bed spring (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/164000-re-trampoline-bed-spring.html)

Pete C June 1st 06 06:16 PM

Trampoline bed spring

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 15:55:25 GMT, Dave wrote:

Most beds I see these days (cheaper ones anyway) have wood slats to support the
matress. There used to be a type which was a kind of trampoline/net thing
supported in the frame. Are these still available from somewhere?
Actually I have an oak wooden frame I'd like to fit with such base - but I
suppose (if available at all) are fixed sizes(?)

Hi,

Ikea do sprung beech slats which should be better if you want
something with a bit of give:

http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10103&storeId=7&langId=-20&productId=11373
http://www.ikea.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryDisplay?topcategoryId=15558&catalogId=1010 3&storeId=7&langId=-20&categoryId=16714&cattype=sub&parentCats=15558*1 5615*16714

cheers,