DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gas Fire Servicing (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/163860-gas-fire-servicing.html)

TheScullster May 31st 06 02:20 PM

Gas Fire Servicing

Are there any sites which oultine a generic sequence for (safe) servicing of
gas fires?
I have a Kinder Nevada with a defective ignitor (push button piezo type)
which I intend to replace.
I have a manual for the fire, but am looking for advice cleaning of
internals, flue checking procedure etc.

TIA

Phil

Ed Sirett May 31st 06 05:24 PM

Gas Fire Servicing

On Wed, 31 May 2006 14:20:51 +0100, TheScullster wrote:

Are there any sites which oultine a generic sequence for (safe) servicing of
gas fires?
I have a Kinder Nevada with a defective ignitor (push button piezo type)
which I intend to replace.
I have a manual for the fire, but am looking for advice cleaning of
internals, flue checking procedure etc.

I suggest you buy a book on gas fitting or get someone in who knows what
they are doing.

TheScullster June 1st 06 01:55 PM

Gas Fire Servicing

"Ed Sirett" wrote

I suggest you buy a book on gas fitting or get someone in who knows what
they are doing.

Thanks Ed

Yes I already have a couple of books on heating and gas by Ed Treloar
(titles have slipped my mind just now).
Will start by revisiting those.
With jobs involving gas/lekky I don't think you can have too many points of
reference though.

Phil

Ed Sirett June 1st 06 09:32 PM

Gas Fire Servicing

On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 13:55:45 +0100, TheScullster wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote

I suggest you buy a book on gas fitting or get someone in who knows what
they are doing.

Thanks Ed

Yes I already have a couple of books on heating and gas by Ed Treloar
(titles have slipped my mind just now).
Will start by revisiting those.
With jobs involving gas/lekky I don't think you can have too many points of
reference though.

Why don't you read up on the procedures in BS 5440-1 Section 5.3 and 5.4

The pellets and matches are available at plumbers' merchants and online.