Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin

Default Built in Venturi Showers.

I'm thinking of installing a Venturi shower but I don't like most of
the exposed ones so would be looking for one that can be built-in.
i.e. the pipework is hidden. So far the only one that I can find that
meets my requirements is the Trevi Boost.

http://www.trevishowers.co.uk/builti...s/boost_a.html

Is anyone aware of any others which would do the job ?

Also, I'd like to include bodyjets if possible but I don't know whether
they would be compatible with a venturi shower or not. I assume that I
would need to install some kind of diverter valve after the mixer valve
so that I could choose between showerhead / body jets / or possibly
both. Ideally the diverter valve would have to match the look of the
facia on the mixer valve.

Has anybody else done this ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On 23 May 2006 09:25:43 -0700, "Kevin" wrote:

I'm thinking of installing a Venturi shower but I don't like most of
the exposed ones so would be looking for one that can be built-in.
i.e. the pipework is hidden. So far the only one that I can find that
meets my requirements is the Trevi Boost.

http://www.trevishowers.co.uk/builti...s/boost_a.html

Is anyone aware of any others which would do the job ?

Also, I'd like to include bodyjets if possible but I don't know whether
they would be compatible with a venturi shower or not. I assume that I
would need to install some kind of diverter valve after the mixer valve
so that I could choose between showerhead / body jets / or possibly
both. Ideally the diverter valve would have to match the look of the
facia on the mixer valve.

Has anybody else done this ?

I bought a Trevi Boost a while back, though I haven't fitted it yet.
The available pressure is going to be variable based largely on the
mains cold water pressure. While this system provides a lot more
pressure than many gravity fed showers, it can't be described as a
power shower. When I asked the makers about the availability of fancy
adjustable shower heads for this type of venturi unit, I was told that
only the standard head was suitable. This was said to be because of
the power limitations. I don't know how much chance you have of
modifying this system to meet your requirements.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Kevin

Thanks for the response Mike. I've seen some venturi showers described
as giving power-shower pressure without the need for a pump but I did
have my doubts. We've got very good mains water pressure and was
hoping we could get a decent shower without having to mess around with
the header tank or a pump. We've also already got hot and cold pipes
running very close to where we want to install the shower so a venturi
seems like a good option. I guess I may have to do without the body
jets.

Anyone know of any other built-in venturi showers or is the Trevi Boost
the only one ?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mike Halmarack

On 24 May 2006 05:50:53 -0700, "Kevin" wrote:

Thanks for the response Mike. I've seen some venturi showers described
as giving power-shower pressure without the need for a pump but I did
have my doubts.

I bought the Trevi Boost in the expectation that it would be a useful
amount more powerful than my existing gravity fed Mira shower.
The fact that it didn't use electricity to produce this extra power
tickled my fancy too, so I think I'm likely to be satisfied with the
improvement.

We've got very good mains water pressure and was
hoping we could get a decent shower without having to mess around with
the header tank or a pump. We've also already got hot and cold pipes
running very close to where we want to install the shower so a venturi
seems like a good option. I guess I may have to do without the body
jets.

Anyone know of any other built-in venturi showers or is the Trevi Boost
the only one ?

You could do a Google on the "Newteam Jet Stream" which is more
expensive than the Trevi Boost and may be more suitable for your
requirements as a consequence. Also B&Q and their like had some less
expensive plastic versions available a little while ago.
--
Regards,
Mike Halmarack

Drop the (EGG) to email me.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Geoff Beale

Kevin wrote:

snip

Also, I'd like to include bodyjets if possible but I don't know
whether
they would be compatible with a venturi shower or not.

Hi Kevin

We thought body jets would be good for our new shower too so we had them
installed along with back jets over the seat, and a "rain" head too,
all fed from a 4 bar pump. Added pounds to the overall cost.

Do they get used? Nah. Just the flexible multi head. The rest were a
complete waste. Save your money.

--
Geoff Beale
Extract digit to email.

Washing machines that are built like commercial machines? Ignoramus22440 Metalworking 50 May 8th 06 05:38 AM
Built in oven cabinet Davao UK diy 4 March 30th 06 08:39 PM
Built in Gas Hobs Pete UK diy 8 December 27th 03 03:01 PM
Built in cooker advice required [email protected] UK diy 3 November 21st 03 05:01 PM
removing built in wardrobes NC UK diy 4 August 11th 03 04:13 PM