Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Washing machine - pump works ok - but displays error code E1.

Must be my week for machines busting, first my drill (now fixed), now
my washing machine, good job I don't have a pacemaker.

Washing machine is a Hoover New Wave+ 1500 (1996 vintage, actual model
is AC184)

Runs fine up until it starts to drain - drain pump starts and runs,
water is being pumped out, then it goes to a fault code (E1) and stops.

I've had the pump out, tested it, seen it runs, checked the sump &
drainage pipes are unblocked.

It looks like the behaviour I've seen previously when the pump has
something trapped in it - but this time it hasn't - and is (partially)
draining before going to the fault mode.

Any ideas?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message .com
from " contains these words:

Any ideas?

Level sensor pipe scummed up? Dead common, that one.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Guy King wrote:
Level sensor pipe scummed up? Dead common, that one.

Pipe is clear (can blow through), but I think you're on the right track
- I'm going to get a new sensor.

Washing machine pump; help!!! [email protected] Home Repair 1 May 17th 06 10:22 PM
kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:20 AM
kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:19 AM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:54 PM
Problems with Siemens Washing Machine WM53661BY Mohammed Farooq UK diy 0 November 6th 03 12:21 PM