DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Would you pass by (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/161944-would-you-pass.html)

The3rd Earl Of Derby May 18th 06 01:52 PM

Would you pass by

a market stall with these on offer for 5GBP new in the box or 3.50GBP for
ones that had something missing like an handle or the guide rail. :-)

http://www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/P3080003.JPG

Yep they do work.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

[email protected] May 18th 06 01:59 PM

Would you pass by

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
a market stall with these on offer for 5GBP new in the box or 3.50GBP for
ones that had something missing like an handle or the guide rail. :-)

http://www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/P3080003.JPG

First task: get rid of the woodchip ;-)

MBQ

Chris Bacon May 18th 06 02:04 PM

Would you pass by

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
a market stall with these on offer for 5GBP new in the box or 3.50GBP for
ones that had something missing like an handle or the guide rail. :-)

http://www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/P3080003.JPG

Yep they do work.

Mind your fingers. Have you had one before?

You can often get 1/2" bits for a Pound, too. Is it
a 1/2" machine?

The3rd Earl Of Derby May 18th 06 02:05 PM

Would you pass by

wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
a market stall with these on offer for 5GBP new in the box or
3.50GBP for ones that had something missing like an handle or the
guide rail. :-)

http://www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/P3080003.JPG

First task: get rid of the woodchip ;-)

MBQ

You've got a crystal ball,havn't you?

Thats why the WM is pulled out of the corner because I'm in the throws of
doing it. :-(

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby May 18th 06 02:06 PM

Would you pass by

Chris Bacon wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
a market stall with these on offer for 5GBP new in the box or
3.50GBP for ones that had something missing like an handle or the
guide rail. :-)

http://www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/P3080003.JPG

Yep they do work.

Mind your fingers. Have you had one before?

You can often get 1/2" bits for a Pound, too. Is it
a 1/2" machine?

Got a DeWalt

Yep 1/2" inch..

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

[email protected] May 18th 06 02:30 PM

Would you pass by

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
a market stall with these on offer for 5GBP new in the box or
3.50GBP for ones that had something missing like an handle or the
guide rail. :-)

http://www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/P3080003.JPG

First task: get rid of the woodchip ;-)

MBQ

You've got a crystal ball,havn't you?

Both, actually. I won't tell you what the other bit's made of.

MBQ

The3rd Earl Of Derby May 18th 06 02:31 PM

Would you pass by

wrote:
Will be interested in hearing on how well it works.

I can see that the plunge depth turret is exactly the same as my £200
CMT (DeWalt/Elu177 rebadged) router, and the side fence looks like it
would be interchangable.

My concern would be vibration levels and it's ability to cut smoothly
(and safely) with larger 1/2" bits.

I did buy a PowerG biscuit jointer when Netto did them for a tenner -
took that straight back as the slide was so badly made there was no
hope of cutting an accurate biscuit joint.

Even if it's reasonable performance for a short while, it's a bargain
at the price.

HAh! now you come to mention it, Netto thats where the PowerG brand came
from.

From memory I think these where going fo 13.99GBP a couple of months ago?

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

[email protected] May 18th 06 03:04 PM

Would you pass by

HAh! now you come to mention it, Netto thats where the PowerG brand
came
from.

From memory I think these where going fo 13.99GBP a couple of months ago?

If that was £13.99 for the biscuit jointer, they were overpriced for
what they were!

Guy King May 18th 06 03:16 PM

Would you pass by

The message .com
from contains these words:

First task: get rid of the woodchip ;-)

I /like/ woodchip.

--
Skipweasel

Chris Bacon May 18th 06 03:45 PM

Would you pass by

Guy King wrote:
The message from manatbandq contains these words:
First task: get rid of the woodchip ;-)

I /like/ woodchip.

So do I - on ceilings.

John Rumm May 18th 06 10:04 PM

Would you pass by

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:

a market stall with these on offer for 5GBP new in the box or 3.50GBP for
ones that had something missing like an handle or the guide rail. :-)

http://www.20xx20.myby.co.uk/P3080003.JPG

Yep they do work.

How many did you buy, and are they on eBay yet? ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.