DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT : Recommended tradesmen (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/161682-ot-recommended-tradesmen.html)

Chris Styles May 16th 06 08:52 PM

OT : Recommended tradesmen

Hi All,

this is an odd post for a DIY group....

My father inlaw is looking for a kitchen fitter in the Hertfordshire
(Cheshunt to be more specific)

I have spent some time googling for a tradesmen recommendation site, and
trustedtradesmen.com is all I have found (and they dont have any
recommendations for kitchen fitters in the area)

Anyone know of any other tradesmen recommendation services?

Cheers
Chris

John Stumbles May 17th 06 09:31 AM

OT : Recommended tradesmen

On Tue, 16 May 2006 20:52:59 +0100, Chris Styles wrote:

Anyone know of any other tradesmen recommendation services?

Word of mouth.

There are other formal schemes such as the one you mention but many good
tradespeople have no need or wish to bother with them since they
invariably have enough work and don't need to drum up more. So you need to
ask around friends, neighbours etc.