DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hanging Pictures - Not Hooks? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/160244-hanging-pictures-not-hooks.html)

Richard Faulkner May 15th 06 01:25 PM

Hanging Pictures - Not Hooks?

Hi,

I want to hang some pictures in a hallway, but dont want them hanging on
wire and hooks.

I'm sure I've seen a fixing which has two adjacent rings one of which
you screw into the back of the picture frame, the other you screw into
the wall. A bit like a piece of meccano with only 2 holes.

Any ideas what they are called.. Cant find anything with a google.

--
Richard Faulkner

Tom May 15th 06 03:08 PM

Hanging Pictures - Not Hooks?

Richard Faulkner wrote:
Hi,

I want to hang some pictures in a hallway, but dont want them hanging on
wire and hooks.

I'm sure I've seen a fixing which has two adjacent rings one of which
you screw into the back of the picture frame, the other you screw into
the wall. A bit like a piece of meccano with only 2 holes.

Any ideas what they are called.. Cant find anything with a google.

Mirror plates. Some have a slotted hole and are designed for hanging
from the top, and some just have a hole and can go either side of the
frame. Often used in public places to stop people nicking the pictures.

http://tinyurl.com/pmjhj

apax63 'at' dsl 'dot' pipex 'dot' com