DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   How to set up the Automatic Air Vent in my Boiler? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/156410-how-set-up-automatic-air-vent-my-boiler.html)

Ragworm The Abominable May 6th 06 09:54 PM

How to set up the Automatic Air Vent in my Boiler?

Hi All,

I simple one I hope.

How tight/loose does the screw on metal cap need to be the Automatic
Air Vent in my Boiler in order to function correctly (or at least to
function until a bit of grit gets in there).

Many thanks,
Steve
--
Steve

Rusty Nail May 6th 06 10:21 PM

How to set up the Automatic Air Vent in my Boiler?

It should only be opened, one quarter of a turn.

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) May 8th 06 07:11 PM

Rusty Nail wrote:
It should only be opened, one quarter of a turn.

I wouldn't leave it opened myself.

If there's so much air getting into the system that it it needs to be
vented frequently then there is something that needs serious attention
I'd suggest.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

Rusty Nail May 8th 06 10:29 PM

How to set up the Automatic Air Vent in my Boiler?

It should only be opened, one quarter of a turn.

It is always good practice to follow the manufacturers instructions, if
they say leave it open 1/4 turn, do it.

Ragworm The Abominable May 10th 06 07:15 PM

How to set up the Automatic Air Vent in my Boiler?

After changing the water after a radiator move I've left the vent
'fairly' loose.

Have another change scheduled for later this month at which point I'll
add some Fernox.

My concern is that there may be a leak somewhere that lets in air, but
I have no idea where in the plumbing the leak is ...
--
Steve