DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Plank flooring and front door threshold (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/155805-re-plank-flooring-front-door-threshold.html)

DJC May 2nd 06 12:31 AM

Plank flooring and front door threshold

Graham Jones wrote:
As mentioned in a previous post I am laying some semi solid plank
flooring. Still haven't resolved the front door threshold problem but
have thought of three possibilities:

2) Use a threshold trim like this one:
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id=78054

I like idea 2 but I imagine the trim would get scuffed as it will be
slightly higher than the flooring. Has anyone long term experience of
how such a trim looks? Mine will have to take the wear of a pushchair as
well.

do it properly, 2. The threshold trim will cover the edge of the planks
and prevent chips and splinters. If there is a lot of wear better to
replace the threshold than the floor.

--
David Clark
http://www.publishing.ucl.ac.uk