DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Smoothover Walls. Gone Mouldy! (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/155442-smoothover-walls-gone-mouldy.html)

only me April 29th 06 01:09 AM

Smoothover Walls. Gone Mouldy!

Hi!

I have a tub of smoothover walls which I bought to try to improve some
rough painted-concrete walls in our 1950s kitchen.

I have had the tub for a few weeks and opened it a while ago to do a
small job.

I opened it tonight and it was completley covered in velvety black
mould!

I have scraped it off and it does not appear to extend below the
surface so it presumably likes the solvent liquid in the smooth-over.

Has anyone else found this?

The3rd Earl Of Derby April 29th 06 01:29 AM

only me wrote:
Hi!

I have a tub of smoothover walls which I bought to try to improve some
rough painted-concrete walls in our 1950s kitchen.

I have had the tub for a few weeks and opened it a while ago to do a
small job.

I opened it tonight and it was completley covered in velvety black
mould!

I have scraped it off and it does not appear to extend below the
surface so it presumably likes the solvent liquid in the smooth-over.

Has anyone else found this?

A bit like paint then...you turn it upside down to stop the skin forming on
the surface.

Sounds like thats got some sort of wallpaper paste contents in the
material? WP goes moldy if left unused for a couple of days.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite