Posted to uk.d-i-y
merayar

Default Dont buy Power Devil Pressure Washers

I bought a Power Devil Pressure Washer from Argos and it worked fine on
the occasions that I used it. However it developed a fault and I
diagnosed the problem.

When trying to locate a replacement part, I managed to find that the
Customer Support is done by a company called ALBA Plc (tel 0870 873
0094).

In answer to my query about a replacement part they said

QUOTE
Quoting CustomerCare :

Thank you for your e-mail, regarding a spare part for your Power Devil
pressure washer.

Unfortunately the part in question is not available as a spare.

UNQUOTE

So I asked if there was a dealer who could repair the item. They
replied back,

QUOTE

Unfortunately we do not provide service facilities for the product in
question, meaning we are not able to refer you to a service centre for
repair. This is due to the fact that servicing is simply not
economically
viable in most cases.

UNQUOTE

I would recommend that if you are thinking of buying a Power Devil
then steer clear of this product.

Well you've gained a valuable experience ie if your after a spares back up
and a service centre then don't buy cheap imports.
However you are entitled to a new one or your money back if they can't come
up with a replacement.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message .com,
merayar writes
I bought a Power Devil Pressure Washer from Argos and it worked fine on
the occasions that I used it. However it developed a fault and I
diagnosed the problem.

How much did you pay for it, £50 ?

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The3rd Earl Of Derby

raden wrote:
In message .com,
merayar writes
I bought a Power Devil Pressure Washer from Argos and it worked fine
on the occasions that I used it. However it developed a fault and I
diagnosed the problem.

How much did you pay for it, £50 ?

--
geoff

Thats a rather generous price for a PD Washer.

I'd say about 29.99GBP

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

merayar wrote:
I bought a Power Devil Pressure Washer from Argos and it worked fine on
the occasions that I used it. However it developed a fault
[which could not be fixed]

How much did it cost?
How long have you had it?
Have you approached Argos about this WRT a refund?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Dont buy Poor Devil Pressure Washers

merayar wrote:

Unfortunately we do not provide service facilities for the product in
question, meaning we are not able to refer you to a service centre for
repair. This is due to the fact that servicing is simply not
economically
viable in most cases.

UNQUOTE

I would recommend that if you are thinking of buying a Power Devil then
steer clear of this product.

This is normal policy with bottom end products. You get what you pay
for.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Chris Bacon contains these words:

How long have you had it?

That's the relevant question. If it's five years, forget it. If it's six
months then it's clearly not lasted as a reasonable person might expect
it to - so go nobble the shop.

Don't take any crap about "Take it up with the supplier" either.
http://www.dti.gov.uk/ccp/topics1/fa...legoodsact.htm
is worth a read.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
The Medway Handyman

merayar wrote:

Unfortunately we do not provide service facilities for the product in
question, meaning we are not able to refer you to a service centre for
repair. This is due to the fact that servicing is simply not
economically
viable in most cases.

No surprise. The economics are simple; Retail in UK (inc VAT) say £40.
Excluding VAT £34. Retail margin £7, importers margin £7, cost ex China inc
frieght £20 (and China is a long way away). It's a £10 pressure washer.

Service engineer absolute rock bottom minimum £30 per hour. Cost of
stocking & sending parts?

You have to expect that if you buy low end goods. I do buy some low end
stuff, last purchase a £20 drill driver from Argos for light duty jobs. I
don't expect any parts or service back up. If it lasts a year under
guarantee it's cost me 40p a week, any longer is a bonus, when it breaks
I'll buy another.

--
Dave
The Medway Handyman

Unfortunately we do not provide service facilities for the product in
question, meaning we are not able to refer you to a service centre for
repair. This is due to the fact that servicing is simply not
economically
viable in most cases.

UNQUOTE

I would recommend that if you are thinking of buying a Power Devil then
steer clear of this product.

ALBA = Argos Low Budget Appliances !!

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager

On Sat, 29 Apr 2006 10:13:37 UTC, Owain
wrote:

MATSUI - Manky Asian Tat Sold to Uninformed Ignoramuses (-ami?)

Wasn't that the brand that DRG 'invented' to sell British made stuff to
people who were after what they considered to be high quality Japanese
stuff?

Originally, that is.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Guy King

The message
from Owain contains these words:

ALBA = All Lousy ******* Appliances.

GOODMANS = Great Once, Originally Decent; Many Appliances Now ****e.

AMSTRAD - Authentic Manky ****e Trying Reincarnate As Decent

MATSUI - Manky Asian Tat Sold to Uninformed Ignoramuses (-ami?)

DIXONS - Dubious Insurance Ex Oikishly Naff Salesmen

Thing is - all these are just badge-engineering fronts now. A friend is
a self-employed graphic artist who does work for DSL sometimes - they
have meetings at which they play with a bit of kit and decide what
quality level it fits in and assign a badge accordingly then negotiate
with the name owner for a price.

--
Skipweasel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I bought a Power Devil model PDG4024 in 2001 from the local market for £20. It has given years of good service but about 2 years ago it lost pressure. I filled it with 5% white vinegar and forgot about it for a couple of weeks. 6 months or so ago my son told me it was playing up again. This time I stripped it down and gave it a good cleaning with acetic acid, have put it back together and unfortunately the bypass valve is passing when it should not be. I am going to try and acid clean it and exercise the valve in situ or take it out (assuming it will come out, it may be stuck through scale in the water) and replace the O ring.

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...rs-242303-.htm