DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   2 way key switch ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/154769-2-way-key-switch.html)

Cuprager April 24th 06 11:45 AM

2 way key switch ?

Hi all,

I am looking for a 2 way key switch to use as part of a 2 way switched
lighting circuit. I can find things like this but that is single way.
Does anyone know of a two way equivalent?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...49&crite ria=

TIA

Gerry

Christian McArdle April 24th 06 12:00 PM

2 way key switch ?

I am looking for a 2 way key switch to use as part of a 2 way switched
lighting circuit. I can find things like this but that is single way.
Does anyone know of a two way equivalent?

How secure must it be? Most public buildings (i.e. shops/schools) use normal
secret key switches unless security is actually important. Obviously, there
is only one key pattern, but it is fine to stop children playing with the
switches.

You normally see them in grid ranges.

i.e.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4898.html

So you can assemble a grid switch that has any combination of switches and
indicators that you need.

Christian.

Cuprager April 24th 06 12:08 PM

2 way key switch ?

Christian McArdle wrote:
I am looking for a 2 way key switch to use as part of a 2 way switched
lighting circuit. I can find things like this but that is single way.
Does anyone know of a two way equivalent?

How secure must it be? Most public buildings (i.e. shops/schools) use normal
secret key switches unless security is actually important. Obviously, there
is only one key pattern, but it is fine to stop children playing with the
switches.

You normally see them in grid ranges.

i.e.

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/MKK4898.html

So you can assemble a grid switch that has any combination of switches and
indicators that you need.

Christian.

Thanks for the reply. I currently have a secret switch but i have found
that someone else has a key and is using the lights hence the
requirement for a key.

Cheers

Gerry

Frank Erskine April 24th 06 12:11 PM

2 way key switch ?

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 11:45:31 +0100, Cuprager
had this to say:

Hi all,

I am looking for a 2 way key switch to use as part of a 2 way switched
lighting circuit. I can find things like this but that is single way.
Does anyone know of a two way equivalent?

http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?...49&crite ria=

CPC do a DPCO switch; take a look at SWO1119 or SWO1121.

www.cpc.co.uk

--
Frank Erskine
Sunderland

Dave Plowman (News) April 24th 06 02:15 PM

2 way key switch ?

In article ,
Cuprager wrote:
I am looking for a 2 way key switch to use as part of a 2 way switched
lighting circuit. I can find things like this but that is single way.
Does anyone know of a two way equivalent?

MK Logic Plus do a DP grid keyswitch. This could be wired as a SP two-way.

--
*Ham and Eggs: Just a day's work for a chicken, but a lifetime commitment

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Harry Bloomfield April 24th 06 06:35 PM

2 way key switch ?

Dave Plowman (News) used his keyboard to write :
In article ,
Cuprager wrote:
I am looking for a 2 way key switch to use as part of a 2 way switched
lighting circuit. I can find things like this but that is single way.
Does anyone know of a two way equivalent?

MK Logic Plus do a DP grid keyswitch. This could be wired as a SP two-way.

No it couldn't if both sides of the DP switches close in the same
direction.

--

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Dave Plowman (News) April 25th 06 12:07 AM

2 way key switch ?

In article ,
Harry Bloomfield wrote:
MK Logic Plus do a DP grid keyswitch. This could be wired as a SP two-way.

No it couldn't if both sides of the DP switches close in the same
direction.

You're right off course. Must have more coffee.

--
*Save the whale - I'll have it for my supper*

Dave Plowman (News) April 26th 06 10:18 AM

2 way key switch ?

In article ,
Dave wrote:
No it couldn't if both sides of the DP switches close in the same
direction.

You're right off course. Must have more coffee.

What, to get "on" course? :)
Plowman up the creek again eh :) x 2

Heh heh. That typo certainly changed the meaning of what I meant to say.

Must have even more coffee and not just rely on the spell checker so much.

--
*I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it*