Posted to uk.d-i-y
c60w

Default Ikea Kitchens

I recently bought an IKEA Kitchen with Installation- What a disaster.
Half the Unit doors were missing and the other half were either
scratched or damaged.

When I rang Customer Services they were more than useless. They had no
concept of the stress that was caused. I specifically said all the way
through that I did not want my kitchen fitted unless ALL parts were
available.

I tried to speak to a manager and was told someone would ring me back.
After 3 days and no phonecall I ended up having to refuse to get off
the phone until someone in management would speak to me.
I am left with half a kitchen. All my kitchen stuff is still in boxes
in the lounge as I can't unpack yet as no doors and the other half need

replacing. I have been told it will be 3 weeks.

Has anyone else had the same experiences, and does anyone have a name
of a director or the MD that I can speak to?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article .com,
"c60w" writes:
I recently bought an IKEA Kitchen with Installation- What a disaster.

Well, this is a DIY newsgroup. I didn't even know IKEA did installation.
I'm very happy with the IKEA kitchens I've fitted myself.
Sounds like you need a legal or consumer newsgroup.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jonathan Pearson

c60w wrote:
[...]

Not my experience either, bought a largish kitchen a few years ago and
fitted myself - they delivered almost 200 boxes / items - they spend almost
2 hours unloading (to where I wanted them stored, i.e not at the front
door), all were correct & in A1 condition - well impressed

Jon

Posted to uk.d-i-y
John

replacing. I have been told it will be 3 weeks.

Has anyone else had the same experiences, and does anyone have a name
of a director or the MD that I can speak to?

Not my experience either, bought a largish kitchen a few years ago and
fitted myself - they delivered almost 200 boxes / items - they spend
almost 2 hours unloading (to where I wanted them stored, i.e not at the
front door), all were correct & in A1 condition - well impressed

Jon

I had a similar experience many years ago - but what the hell. Built the
kitchen - filled the cupboards and then the doors arrived. No problem. At
least they didn't get damaged by me whilst trying to get the job done
quickly.

John

Posted to uk.d-i-y
raden

In message .com, c60w
writes
I recently bought an IKEA Kitchen with Installation- What a disaster.
Half the Unit doors were missing and the other half were either
scratched or damaged.

When I rang Customer Services they were more than useless. They had no
concept of the stress that was caused. I specifically said all the way
through that I did not want my kitchen fitted unless ALL parts were
available.

The relevance to DIY being ... ?

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ed Sirett

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 15:21:28 -0700, c60w wrote:

[...]

Very happy with the half a dozen IKEA kitchens I've fitted for various
people. If the doors aren't available up front this is not usually a
problem as they can be added on after.

In fact I keep the doors well out of the way during the main work as they
can only get damaged.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Stuart Noble

I recently bought an IKEA Kitchen with Installation- What a disaster.
Half the Unit doors were missing and the other half were either
scratched or damaged.

Par for the course when dealing with any big concern these days. You
either need to develop a fresh way of looking at things or go to a nice
friendly kitchen firm and pay accordingly.

IKEA wireless remote dimmers and sockets - Koppla [email protected] UK diy 1 April 6th 05 01:12 AM
Question for people who have fitted IKEA kitchens Derek Doormer UK diy 8 December 14th 04 04:03 PM
Equivalent to IKEA Antique Stain? Minnie Bannister Woodworking 1 July 28th 04 02:49 PM
Ikea kitchens Sarah UK diy 5 June 21st 04 05:50 PM
Ikea kitchen cabinets - advice? Jarkat2002 Home Ownership 4 August 19th 03 07:58 PM