DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   House layout software (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/154359-house-layout-software.html)

Andrew Mawson April 21st 06 05:25 PM

House layout software

We are planning a fairly large scale remodel of a house we hope to
buy.

Anyone any recommendations for (preferably shareware downloadable)
house / room layout software so basic sizes of rooms and their
contents can be visualised?

AWEM

john2 April 21st 06 06:03 PM

House layout software

Andrew Mawson wrote:
We are planning a fairly large scale remodel of a house we hope to
buy.

Anyone any recommendations for (preferably shareware downloadable)
house / room layout software so basic sizes of rooms and their
contents can be visualised?

AWEM

I used Punch "Professional" Home Design for a while and designed a
complete 2 floor dwelling. Good fly-through capabilities inside and
outside. Not a lot of fine detail provided on the furniture and
fittings though it does beds, doors, stairs, sinks, taps etc. as I remember.
£35 on Ebay or a bit more at PC world.

john2

The3rd Earl Of Derby April 21st 06 06:57 PM

House layout software

Andrew Mawson wrote:
We are planning a fairly large scale remodel of a house we hope to
buy.

Anyone any recommendations for (preferably shareware downloadable)
house / room layout software so basic sizes of rooms and their
contents can be visualised?

AWEM

If you're planning on buying the software go for the best.
http://www.chiefarchitect.com/
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Newshound April 21st 06 08:16 PM

House layout software

Ikea Home Planner?

I'm sure I had a similar thing from Dulux but can't find it for the moment.

Phil Anthropist April 21st 06 08:49 PM

House layout software

"Andrew Mawson" wrote:
We are planning a fairly large scale remodel of a house we hope to
buy.

Anyone any recommendations for (preferably shareware downloadable)
house / room layout software so basic sizes of rooms and their
contents can be visualised?

AWEM

http://www.roomarranger.com/

Phil

Andrew Mawson April 21st 06 09:27 PM

House layout software

"The3rd Earl Of Derby" wrote in message
. uk...
Andrew Mawson wrote:
We are planning a fairly large scale remodel of a house we hope to
buy.

Anyone any recommendations for (preferably shareware

downloadable)
house / room layout software so basic sizes of rooms and their
contents can be visualised?

AWEM

If you're planning on buying the software go for the best.
http://www.chiefarchitect.com/
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

A snip at $2,200 !

AWEM

The3rd Earl Of Derby April 21st 06 09:31 PM

House layout software

Andrew Mawson wrote:
We are planning a fairly large scale remodel of a house we hope to
buy.

Anyone any recommendations for (preferably shareware downloadable)
house / room layout software so basic sizes of rooms and their
contents can be visualised?

AWEM

If you're planning on buying the software go for the best.
http://www.chiefarchitect.com/
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

A snip at $2,200 !

AWEM

Well nothing comes cheap. :-) DL the demo or have them send you the
disc,although the save routine has been disabled it can still be usable.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

Tim S April 21st 06 09:52 PM

House layout software

Phil Anthropist wrote:

"Andrew Mawson" wrote:
We are planning a fairly large scale remodel of a house we hope to
buy.

Anyone any recommendations for (preferably shareware downloadable)
house / room layout software so basic sizes of rooms and their
contents can be visualised?

AWEM

http://www.roomarranger.com/

Phil

cite: "also runs on Linux with Windows emulator (like Wine) - only in
English language!"

Hmm - now I'm interested. Must give that a go.

Usually I use Cycas CAD (www.cycas.de) on Linux which is great for 2D work,
so floorplans. Claimed 3D abilities are painful though, as are the
limitations on textures (whole objects have texture, not surfaces, so hard
to paint same wall one colour in one room and a different colour in
adjoining room).

Cheers

Tim

Andy Burns April 22nd 06 12:10 AM

House layout software

Newshound wrote:

Ikea Home Planner?

I thought that only did a single room, and even then limited to certain
basic layouts, not too bad for freebie though ...

[email protected] April 23rd 06 08:50 AM

House layout software

I'm using the SketchUp demo (www.sketchup.com), 8 hours free usage
before you have to pay (£350!) - upside it's by far the most easy and
quick/easy/intuitive drawing package I've used.