DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Loosening plastic waste water trap (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/154355-loosening-plastic-waste-water-trap.html)

Clive April 21st 06 04:49 PM

Loosening plastic waste water trap

Hi,

The water from my hand basin is draining really slowly. I think the
waste trap is clogged with hair. the trap is white plastic and slightly
"hidden" behind a tall, porcelain pedestal beneath the bowl.

I have tried to unscrew the trap using my hands but it is difficult
to get an effective grip - and the trap seems jammed tight. How can I
loosen the retaining nut on the water trap? The space beneath the bowl
and behind the pedestal is quite tight and I can only get one hand
round about one hald of the external surface of this plastic nut. Once
it has moved half a turn I am sure the trap will unscrew easily.

Thanks

Clive

Dave Baker April 21st 06 05:47 PM

Loosening plastic waste water trap

"Clive" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

The water from my hand basin is draining really slowly. I think the
waste trap is clogged with hair. the trap is white plastic and slightly
"hidden" behind a tall, porcelain pedestal beneath the bowl.

I have tried to unscrew the trap using my hands but it is difficult
to get an effective grip - and the trap seems jammed tight. How can I
loosen the retaining nut on the water trap? The space beneath the bowl
and behind the pedestal is quite tight and I can only get one hand
round about one hald of the external surface of this plastic nut. Once
it has moved half a turn I am sure the trap will unscrew easily.

Find someone with stronger hands?
--
Dave Baker
www.pumaracing.co.uk