DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Bleeding heated towel rail (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/153925-bleeding-heated-towel-rail.html)

Bob Minchin April 18th 06 10:10 PM

Bleeding heated towel rail

I heard a tale at work today. Someone has a floor mounted myson heated towel
rail that runs off the central heating. It is slowly getting less and less
warm and he concludes it is gradually filling with air. He has recently
moved in and so has no history of the heating system
He claims that there are no bleed screws on this towel rail which I found
quite incredible.

Does anyone have one of these rails and know the secret of bleeding them?

TIA

Bob

Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬) April 18th 06 10:23 PM

Bleeding heated towel rail

Bob Minchin wrote:

Does anyone have one of these rails and know the secret of bleeding them?

"When all connections are complete, add water and vent unit using the bleed
valve located on the top rail at the back or side of the unit,
depending on the style of the unit"

I have bought normal radiators in the past with the bleed screw in the
blind side of the top of the radiator also secreted by a plastic plug!!

There's going to be one there some where, just might need a bit of
touchy-feely to find it. After all, you wouldn't really want to spoil
sleek modern designer fitments with a prehistoric looking bleed valves
would you.

http://Water-Rower.co.uk - Worlds best prices on the Worlds best Rower.

Roger Mills April 18th 06 11:06 PM

Bleeding heated towel rail

Bob Minchin wrote:

I heard a tale at work today. Someone has a floor mounted myson
heated towel rail that runs off the central heating. It is slowly
getting less and less warm and he concludes it is gradually filling
with air. He has recently moved in and so has no history of the
heating system
He claims that there are no bleed screws on this towel rail which I
found quite incredible.

Does anyone have one of these rails and know the secret of bleeding
them?

TIA

Bob

Hopefully there's a bleed screw somewhere. Otherwise, the first word of the
title becomes an adjective rather than a verb! g
--
Cheers,
Roger

John Rumm April 19th 06 01:50 AM

Bleeding heated towel rail

Bob Minchin wrote:

I heard a tale at work today. Someone has a floor mounted myson heated towel
rail that runs off the central heating. It is slowly getting less and less
warm and he concludes it is gradually filling with air. He has recently
moved in and so has no history of the heating system
He claims that there are no bleed screws on this towel rail which I found
quite incredible.

Does anyone have one of these rails and know the secret of bleeding them?

It may not look like the normal bleeding valve - it is often just a hex
headed screw - frequently facing the wall at the top of one side. If it
is a normal bleding valve then it will tend to be pointing striaght up
on one of the columns.

--
Cheers,

John.