DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   bootleg ferrules (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/153439-bootleg-ferrules.html)

Andrew Gabriel April 15th 06 12:07 PM

bootleg ferrules

I notice CPC have a crimp tool for bootleg ferrules in their
latest sale catalogue. Well, it made me smile anyway... ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel

Mary Fisher April 15th 06 12:12 PM

bootleg ferrules

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message
I notice CPC have a crimp tool for bootleg ferrules in their
latest sale catalogue. Well, it made me smile anyway... ;-)

More details please!

Mary

--
Andrew Gabriel

Andy Wade April 15th 06 03:02 PM

bootleg ferrules

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

I notice CPC have a crimp tool for bootleg ferrules in their
latest sale catalogue. Well, it made me smile anyway... ;-)

:-)

More details please!

It's a malapropism for "bootlace ferrules," small crimpable metal
sleeves used to make off tidily the ends of stranded electric wires in
preparation for connection to screw terminals.

--
Andy

Bob Eager April 15th 06 03:06 PM

bootleg ferrules

On Sat, 15 Apr 2006 14:02:36 UTC, Andy Wade
wrote:

Mary Fisher wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

I notice CPC have a crimp tool for bootleg ferrules in their
latest sale catalogue. Well, it made me smile anyway... ;-)

:-)

More details please!

It's a malapropism for "bootlace ferrules," small crimpable metal
sleeves used to make off tidily the ends of stranded electric wires in
preparation for connection to screw terminals.

And bootlaces, of course!

Mary Fisher April 15th 06 03:14 PM

bootleg ferrules

"Andy Wade" wrote in message
Mary Fisher wrote:

"Andrew Gabriel" wrote in message

I notice CPC have a crimp tool for bootleg ferrules in their
latest sale catalogue. Well, it made me smile anyway... ;-)

:-)

More details please!

It's a malapropism for "bootlace ferrules," small crimpable metal sleeves
used to make off tidily the ends of stranded electric wires in preparation
for connection to screw terminals.

Ah, I know the things. Thank you :-)

Mary

--
Andy

Mary Fisher April 15th 06 03:15 PM

bootleg ferrules

"Bob Eager" wrote in message news:176uZD2KcidF-pn2-
I notice CPC have a crimp tool for bootleg ferrules in their
latest sale catalogue. Well, it made me smile anyway... ;-)

:-)

More details please!

It's a malapropism for "bootlace ferrules," small crimpable metal
sleeves used to make off tidily the ends of stranded electric wires in
preparation for connection to screw terminals.

And bootlaces, of course!

And points, when they're called aiglets.

:-)

Mary