DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Completion Certificates (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/153037-completion-certificates.html)

Andrew Mawson April 12th 06 02:02 PM

Completion Certificates

From what date were Building Control completion certificates issued?

I built a garage in 1986-7 and subsequantly extended it forwards in
2003, both tranches being with full planning permission and building
control inspections. I have a completion certificate issued for the
2003 addition but cannot recall being given one for the 1986-7
original. Council are happy (for 40 quid) to issue one as it was
completed under their supervision but when did BCO's start issuing
certificates?

Needless to say it is the sale of the house that is prompting this.

AWEM

Phil L April 12th 06 05:45 PM

Completion Certificates

Andrew Mawson wrote:
From what date were Building Control completion certificates issued?

I built a garage in 1986-7 and subsequantly extended it forwards in
2003, both tranches being with full planning permission and building
control inspections. I have a completion certificate issued for the
2003 addition but cannot recall being given one for the 1986-7
original. Council are happy (for 40 quid) to issue one as it was
completed under their supervision but when did BCO's start issuing
certificates?

Well before this, I remember an old girlfriend's dad asking me to plaster
his ceiling and walls in an extension he'd built because he couldn't get the
certificate on it and they were thinking of selling up, that was in '83

Needless to say it is the sale of the house that is prompting this.

It's happening with lots of things these days, FENSA certs for windows,
NECEIC certs for electricals, CORGI for gas....it'll get to the stage where
you won't be able to paint the walls without a certificate.

[email protected] April 12th 06 08:44 PM

Completion Certificates

Andrew Mawson wrote:
From what date were Building Control completion certificates issued?

[...]

This idea has been mentioned - I think a recent RLA magazine mentions
that this is a possibility.. :)