Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davao

Default Window sills

Hi all.
I have some fairly ugly stone window sills at the back of my house.
So I'm thinking of replacing them if I can get them done cheap enough.
I imagine there are reconsituted stone products out there. But I don't
know where to look.

Anyone know any suppliers?

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Sharrock

"Davao" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all.
I have some fairly ugly stone window sills at the back of my house.
So I'm thinking of replacing them if I can get them done cheap enough.
I imagine there are reconsituted stone products out there. But I don't
know where to look.

Anyone know any suppliers?

Arthur

Try inputting "UK architectural 'reconstituted stone' " into Google and
watch with amazement as hundreds of UK based reconstituted-stone
manufacturers, retailers and suppliers are listed - _you_ could also
restrict the search criteria with your location.

HTH

--

Brian

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davao

"Christian McArdle" wrote in message
.. .
So I'm thinking of replacing them if I can get them done cheap enough.

You could always do some in place formwork and pour concrete. Cost is a
few
quid for wood, cement, sand and aggregate.

Christian.

..
Thanks.

How could I ensure a smooth finish?

I want to have a more modern look so I'm thinking..flat profile, bull nose
profile, 3" height.

Question : In general do the old stone sills extend to the 'back brick' or
only the 'front brick'?

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Davao wrote:
I have some fairly ugly stone window sills at the back of my house.
So I'm thinking of replacing them if I can get them done cheap enough.
I imagine there are reconsituted stone products out there. But I don't
know where to look.

Why are they "ugly"?
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davao

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Davao wrote:
I have some fairly ugly stone window sills at the back of my house.
So I'm thinking of replacing them if I can get them done cheap enough.
I imagine there are reconsituted stone products out there. But I don't
know where to look.

Why are they "ugly"?

Maybe not ugly. More..useless as they have a steep slope to them and their
appearance have not dated well.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Bacon

Davao wrote:
"Chris Bacon" wrote...
Davao wrote:
I have some fairly ugly stone window sills at the back of my house.
So I'm thinking of replacing them if I can get them done cheap enough.
I imagine there are reconsituted stone products out there. But I don't
know where to look.

Why are they "ugly"?

Maybe not ugly. More..useless as they have a steep slope to them and their
appearance have not dated well.

Got a pic? Perhaps they could be renovated?
Curious about your "handle" (Davao), too.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Davao

Davao City.
Retirement destination. Mindanao region of the Philippines.
My pension will support a family there. No garuantee of that here.
Well away from this going down the tubes suffocating dump called UK.

Will send a jpg pic of the sill any time you want.

Arthur

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rob Morley

In article . com
Davao wrote:
Davao City.
Retirement destination. Mindanao region of the Philippines.
My pension will support a family there. No garuantee of that here.
Well away from this going down the tubes suffocating dump called UK.

Will send a jpg pic of the sill any time you want.

You're supposed to upload to a web or ftp site and post a link here.

Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Question about window sills J. Cameron Davis Home Repair 3 May 7th 05 11:59 AM
Window sills: Prime, Paint Caulk or Prime Caulk Paint? Alan Smithee Home Repair 4 April 18th 05 04:03 PM
Best material for window sills? mark UK diy 24 January 23rd 05 01:06 AM
Tiled Window Sills mlv UK diy 6 November 4th 04 07:53 AM