DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Painting interior of an old caravan? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/151911-painting-interior-old-caravan.html)

Scott April 3rd 06 07:26 PM

Painting interior of an old caravan?

Hi,

I have a 1993 Lunar caravan and over the time, mainly from other owners
the caravan has some of the interior boards replaced as may have had a
damp issue.

Anyway - the interior boards they used, even though same pattern of
orginal, they are a differnet colour. Anyway - to sprouse up the
caravan, I was wondering - can you paint them and if so - any specific
paint. Was looking at going with a one coat type - but should I use
vinyl paint?

Thanks

Scott

Mary Fisher April 3rd 06 09:27 PM

"Scott" wrote in message
Hi,

I have a 1993 Lunar caravan and over the time, mainly from other owners
the caravan has some of the interior boards replaced as may have had a
damp issue.

Anyway - the interior boards they used, even though same pattern of
orginal, they are a differnet colour. Anyway - to sprouse up the caravan,
I was wondering - can you paint them and if so - any specific paint. Was
looking at going with a one coat type - but should I use vinyl paint?

I suggest you ask your paint supplier. It surely depends on what material
the replacement boards are.

We rebuilt our caravans using ply as the interior walls then painted them
with conventional wood primer, undercoat and top coat , one from Farrow and
Ball.

Yes, a little OTT but since the vans cost nothing ... and we're VERY pleased
with the result ...

Mary

Chris Bacon April 3rd 06 10:18 PM

Painting interior of an old caravan?

Scott wrote:
to sprouse up

What does that mean?

Nick April 4th 06 01:10 AM

Painting interior of an old caravan?

"Chris Bacon" wrote in message
Scott wrote:
to sprouse up

What does that mean?

aka spruce up. Don't know where it comes from but
means, in general terms, a facelift.
Doubt that it has much to do with Howard Hughes & the Spruce Goose,
but one never knows!
This may, or may not be, of assistance:
http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_b...ssages/34.html

Good luck

Nick.

raden April 4th 06 01:25 AM

Painting interior of an old caravan?

In message , Nick
writes

Scott wrote:
to sprouse up

What does that mean?

aka spruce up. Don't know where it comes from but
means, in general terms, a facelift.
Doubt that it has much to do with Howard Hughes & the Spruce Goose,
but one never knows!
This may, or may not be, of assistance:
http://www.phrases.org.uk/bulletin_b...ssages/34.html

No - it's all to do with the xmas fairy ....

and a very pained expression

--
geoff