DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Built in oven cabinet (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/151258-built-oven-cabinet.html)

Davao March 30th 06 12:08 AM

Built in oven cabinet

Hi all.
I'm just thinking about a built in hob and cooker to fit in the corner
of the kitchen.
Question is, is a 'straight' cabinet set at 45 degrees the only option?
or is there a 'corner positioned' cabinet for a built in hob and cooker
available?

The 'straight' cabinet placed at 45 degrees would cause a 2 triangles on the
sides that
would be wasted space.

Thanks,

Arthur

Stuart March 30th 06 12:09 PM

Built in oven cabinet

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 00:08:19 +0100, "Davao"
wrote:

Hi all.
I'm just thinking about a built in hob and cooker to fit in the corner
of the kitchen.
Question is, is a 'straight' cabinet set at 45 degrees the only option?
or is there a 'corner positioned' cabinet for a built in hob and cooker
available?

The 'straight' cabinet placed at 45 degrees would cause a 2 triangles on the
sides that
would be wasted space.

Thanks,

Arthur

I'm trying to picture what you mean ....Do you mean a cabinet whereby
the oven would sit straight in to the corner but there would be
additional bits on either side built on ...Presumably the cabinet
would have "walls" on either side of the oven so how could you access
these additional bits .??? ....If you couldn't access them then
you are back to what you are objecting to in the first place ....the
only difference being that the triangular space is an inaccessable
cupboard rather than just a space .
Is it worth bothering about .?
Stuart

Vass March 30th 06 01:38 PM

Built in oven cabinet

wrote:

Hi all.
I'm just thinking about a built in hob and cooker to fit in the corner
of the kitchen.
Question is, is a 'straight' cabinet set at 45 degrees the only option?
or is there a 'corner positioned' cabinet for a built in hob and cooker
available?

The 'straight' cabinet placed at 45 degrees would cause a 2 triangles on
the
sides that
would be wasted space.

Thanks,

He wants 2 cupboard units to sit either side of the oven housing that have
22.5 degree extra shelving
one left handed \_| and one right handed |_/
never seen any, make your own from standard cupboard is my only answer.
--
Vass

Davao March 30th 06 07:34 PM

Built in oven cabinet

wrote:

[...]

Thanks, Stuart and Vas

If I decide that I don't want to waste any space, I will have to modify the
adjacent
cabinets by discarding the bottom piece and cutting another or use the same
bottom panel and cutting
an angle on it.. Then redrilling the holes for the special bolts.
Then I would have to recut the groove for the back panel.
Of course I would have to cut it so that the finished front width would be
300/400mm
to accommodate a standard door

Anyone else think I'm nuts? :)

Arthur

Michael Chare March 30th 06 08:39 PM

Built in oven cabinet

wrote:

[...]

If you got a 1200mm long corner cabinet and then cut 'the part that normally
sits next to another cabinet' at 45 degrees that might do what you want. (If I
understand you). The oven unit would not touch either of the walls forming the
corner. It would have to stand away from the walls in order to be level with the
door on the corner cabinet.

Assuming that you want work tops of both sides of the oven in the corner, you
would need two such corner cabinets. 'One left handed and one right handed. -
(If not reversible.)

I hope you like DIY carpentry!

--

Michael Chare