DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   final BCO inspection - stage of finishedness ? (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/151000-final-bco-inspection-stage-finishedness.html)

[email protected] March 28th 06 10:36 AM

final BCO inspection - stage of finishedness ?

The last BCO inspection is done at what state of finishedness ?
Is it usually after the plastering / skimming is done, or can it be
before ?
Simon/

cucumber March 28th 06 11:44 AM

final BCO inspection - stage of finishedness ?

I'm guessing at a point where thing being inspected is visible and
inspectable :)

So for example things like steels or wiring before they're covered, and
things like windows or central heating before or after the finishing
touches.

Roger March 28th 06 02:53 PM

final BCO inspection - stage of finishedness ?

The message . com
from contains these words:

The last BCO inspection is done at what state of finishedness ?
Is it usually after the plastering / skimming is done, or can it be
before ?
Simon/

Why not ask the BCO. I am sure we got a completion certificate for a
loft conversion before the plastering was done. (Plastering was the only
work contracted out).

--
Roger Chapman

Lobster March 28th 06 08:09 PM

final BCO inspection - stage of finishedness ?

wrote:
There are quite a few points at which they might want to inspect, but the
*final* inspection should take place when it's ready to be occupied.

You mean for a kitchen, they have to come back after you've put in the
kitchen units ?

Sure. The property needs to be 'inhabitable' before they sign off. But
in practice, it's not likely to be a case of having them come back just
to check the kitchen. If I'm doing a notifiable project, I normally
check with the BCO when he comes round exactly what stage I should be at
next time he visits. (And I take *loads* of digital photos of
everything I do before it gets covered up, just to cover my butt in the
event that someone says 'ere, what size lintel is behind that plaster?'
Dunno if it works - never had to put it to the test yet!)

David

Hugo Nebula March 29th 06 01:09 PM

final BCO inspection - stage of finishedness ?

On 28 Mar 2006 01:36:50 -0800, a particular chimpanzee named
randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

The last BCO inspection is done at what state of finishedness ?
Is it usually after the plastering / skimming is done, or can it be
before ?

After. For a final inspection, everything to which the Building
Regulations relates must be in place and completed, so, for example,
the kitchen sink must be installed, the extract fans in and working,
and since 2004, the electrics must be completed and certified by the
installer.

Are you perhaps getting ahead of yourself? Have you dug your footings
yet?
--
Hugo Nebula
just how far from the pack have you strayed?"

[email protected] March 29th 06 01:18 PM

final BCO inspection - stage of finishedness ?

Are you perhaps getting ahead of yourself? Have you dug your footings
yet?

Hey hey.
Always read to the end of the instructions.
It might say don't do any of the above !
Simon.