DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sealing around double glazed windows (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/150898-sealing-around-double-glazed-windows.html)

John Kelly March 27th 06 07:25 PM

sealing around double glazed windows

My double glazed windows are only sealed around the top and sides. Is
there any reason (apart from builder laziness) why they aren't sealed
underneath? There is definately a draft coming in underneath so I
suspect that it's meant to be sealed.

Thought I'd check the collective uk.d-i-y wisdom before I go and do it
myself.

Thanks

--
John Kelly

Remove dimspam if replying by mail

John Kelly March 27th 06 08:12 PM

sealing around double glazed windows

In article ,
says...
John Kelly wrote:
My double glazed windows are only sealed around the top and sides. Is
there any reason (apart from builder laziness) why they aren't sealed
underneath?

No!

Thought not. Thanks. I went for a quick down the road and took a look at
some of the neighbours double glazing and it was 4 houses sealed, 2 not
so the seals have it.

Rob Morley March 27th 06 08:46 PM

sealing around double glazed windows

In article
John Kelly wrote:
My double glazed windows are only sealed around the top and sides. Is
there any reason (apart from builder laziness) why they aren't sealed
underneath? There is definately a draft coming in underneath so I
suspect that it's meant to be sealed.

Maybe you need the ventilation.

Chris Bacon March 27th 06 10:43 PM

John Kelly wrote:
My double glazed windows are only sealed around the top and sides. Is
there any reason (apart from builder laziness) why they aren't sealed
underneath? There is definately a draft coming in underneath

Is that a bank draft, some sort of animal, a document "in the rough",
a horde of squaddies coming through your windows, or what? FCS.

raden March 27th 06 11:25 PM

sealing around double glazed windows

In message , John Kelly
writes
My double glazed windows are only sealed around the top and sides. Is
there any reason (apart from builder laziness) why they aren't sealed
underneath? There is definately a draft coming in underneath so I
suspect that it's meant to be sealed.

Thought I'd check the collective uk.d-i-y wisdom before I go and do it
myself.

One of my DG units at work is now a single glazed unit

'kin kids

--
geoff