DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Armored Cable Size (https://www.diybanter.com/uk-diy/150843-armored-cable-size.html)

Jeremy McKnight March 27th 06 11:29 AM

Armored Cable Size

I need to run an electric supply up the garden; 100m total length and a
6-8kw requirement; what size cable do I need ?

tony sayer March 27th 06 11:50 AM

Armored Cable Size

In article , Jeremy
McKnight writes
I need to run an electric supply up the garden; 100m total length and a
6-8kw requirement; what size cable do I need ?

Work it out from this guide:)

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...ltageDrop.html
--
Tony Sayer

freddyuk March 27th 06 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy McKnight
I need to run an electric supply up the garden; 100m total length and a
6-8kw requirement; what size cable do I need ?

Go onto the TLC-DIRECT website. They have a function to work all this out for you.

Stephen Dawson March 27th 06 03:27 PM

Armored Cable Size

"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Jeremy
McKnight writes
I need to run an electric supply up the garden; 100m total length and a
6-8kw requirement; what size cable do I need ?

Work it out from this guide:)

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...ltageDrop.html
--
Tony Sayer

I have done a loose calc in Amtech and it is asking for 25mm sq.

Cordless Crazy March 27th 06 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeremy McKnight
I need to run an electric supply up the garden; 100m total length and a
6-8kw requirement; what size cable do I need ?

I would have thought you'd need something in the region of 16mm.

Also, it would be wise to use 3 or more cores so you have spares for future use.

The Natural Philosopher March 27th 06 06:47 PM

Armored Cable Size

Stephen Dawson wrote:
"tony sayer" wrote in message
In article , Jeremy
McKnight writes
I need to run an electric supply up the garden; 100m total length and a
6-8kw requirement; what size cable do I need ?

Work it out from this guide:)

http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Technica...ltageDrop.html
--
Tony Sayer

I have done a loose calc in Amtech and it is asking for 25mm sq.

Shirley shome mishtake.
25 sq mm perhaps..but 25mm square????